QRB for GPU Folding is BACK

Quick Return Bonus (QRB) is out on beta for both AMD and NV, it's a unified core 17, on open CL - that means that AMD now outshines NV in a very big way

a 7970 is almost double the ppd of a 680 - the 680 is now producing high 20's K ppd the 7970 high 40's k ppd. (from what I'm reading)

I believe you have to be running the V7 client with the beta flag, but I need to do some more research.

Re: QRB for GPU Folding is BACK

I just got a gigabyte 7970 ghz ed and I set it up for this. Right now I show on a 7662 unit 2min 27sec frames with 46173.12 ppd.
    Looks good to me!!!!!! Glad to see AMD cards looking good for once in folding.

Oh and 1 more thing. I only show 1% cpu usage on the core 17 feeding the 7970. So it looks like it will not pull down
    my SMP folding at all!!

Nice

YESSSSSSSSSS

7970 will be in business shortly!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

rocking and rolling right now. Took a little fiddling to get the v7 client installed and configured properly. i really don't care for it at all.

est ppd according to the client: 32771 on project 7662

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    rocking and rolling right now. Took a little fiddling to get the v7 client installed and configured properly. i really don't care for it at all.

est ppd according to the client: 32771 on project 7662
    I figured you (of all people) would be on top of this

And I thought I would catch up a little to you Activate. But I see that will not be happening!
    But all good just keep on folding!!

Quote Originally Posted by RIPPER View Post
    And I thought I would catch up a little to you Activate. But I see that will not be happening!
    But all good just keep on folding!!
    Tough break for you friend

I'm seeing 90% GPU usage with SMP active, up to 95-98% without SMP on. Its good for a significant boost in PPD on the GPU client but I think the net still favors using both. I will toy with putting SMP on 7 threads and reserving one for the GPU and see if it offers a better compromise. I get about 35-40k @ 950MHz without SMP, that drops to 30k with SMP on. This is on the 12.11 beta drivers. I'll have to bump my core clocks up and see if I can stay stable and get a nice boost, this chip doesn't seem to like overclocking much (sadly)

Trust me, I do science

You have to use the 13.2 beta drivers for the 7000 cards. 13.1 for all the others 6000 and 5000. the 13.2 drivers use no cpu.
    Im at 1100 core and 1500 mem and I see 98% usage on the 7970 with 0% to 1% cpu usage for the core 17.
    The 13.2 beta drivers have all the Opencl stuff for the 7k cards in them don't even install the sku from amd.
    Try it and you will have a lot more ppd and you will not loose any from the SMP.

You have to use the 13.2 beta drivers for the 7000 cards. 13.1 for all the others 6000 and 5000. the 13.2 drivers use no cpu.
    Im at 1100 core and 1500 mem and I see 98% usage on the 7970 with 0% to 1% cpu usage for the core 17.
    The 13.2 beta drivers have all the Opencl stuff for the 7k cards in them don't even install the sku from amd.
    Try it and you will have a lot more ppd and you will not loose any from the SMP.
    Ok installed. I didn't install the app SDK, which is what I assume you were referring to (not sku). I'm still not getting 100% usage on the GPU, still pegged at 90 while SMP is running.

Trust me, I do science

ugh, either theres a bad WU, or somethings wrong because i keep getting constant failed WU's. I keep getting an error saying the "Core and Checkpoint energies do not match"

Trust me, I do science

Have not seen that error yet and I hope I don't. A program I ran last night did not shut down right and was taking 88% of my cpu.
    Did not notice until tonight. All fixed and running good again.

Have not seen that error yet and I hope I don't. A program I ran last night did not shut down right and was taking 88% of my cpu.
    Did not notice until tonight. All fixed and running good again.
    I think something was up with my machine, not sure if it was caused by the core crashing or something else, but restarting the PC cleared it up. I had noticed weird GPU usage in Afterburner even without FAH running (a lot of spikes, core clock bouncing around too much) so something strange was going on.

Trust me, I do science