CPU Core Voltage, Core speed and Multiplier constantly changing

Hello guys!
    this is more a curiosity than a problem, but it could very well be a serious problem. Recently I had some PC problem, so I took it to repair. Now it's back, and there are some strange things. As said in the post title, core voltage, core speed multiplier are constantly changing, it's changing from second to second, right now I'm looking at CPU-Z and core voltage is changing between this values: 1.088V, 1.168V, 1.280V, 1.376 and other values very similar to this ones. Core speed is jumping from 800MHz, to 1600Mhz, 2100MHz and 2800MHz, multiplier goes from 4.0, 8.0, 10.5 and 14.0. Between core speed and multiplier is a direct proportion, they both go up and down together. With core voltage situation is no exactly the same, some times it goes up with multiplier and core speed, other times it doesn't change.
    At repair I was told that they made some changes to the BIOS, and now, sometimes when I boot it appears an error saying that overclocking failed, but I start it again and it works.

Is this kind of behavior normal and could it be because of power supply?

Thanks!

My PC specs:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus M4A77TD
    Power Supply: Corsair GS600 600W
    RAM: Kingston 1600MHz CL9 4GBx2 and 2GBx2, total 12GB
    GPU: Radeon HD7850
    OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 HDD (500GB + 2TB)
    Conceptronic USB3.0 add-on card

Re: CPU Core Voltage, Core speed and Multiplier constantly changing

sounds like the shop enabled "cool n quiet" or whatever AMD is calling their clock changing scheme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool%27n%27Quiet

it's entirely normal, but if you want to OC....then you would need to disable the "power saving" stuff

I don't want to overclock, if I am right the only thing overclocked is my RAM, because by default it goes to 1333MHz, to use it at 1600MHz I changed it manually, even before repair.

It just seemed strange to me that constant changes of CPU, especially to core voltage!

Quote Originally Posted by nichitapavel View Post
    I don't want to overclock, if I am right the only thing overclocked is my RAM, because by default it goes to 1333MHz, to use it at 1600MHz I changed it manually, even before repair.

It just seemed strange to me that constant changes of CPU, especially to core voltage!
    The clock speed will change with the load on the processor, as clockspeed goes up...so will the voltage

Well, it's still strange, but well, if it is nothing to worry about I'll not worry about!

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nichitapavel View Post
    Between core speed and multiplier is a direct proportion, they both go up and down together
    With core voltage situation is no exactly the same, some times it goes up with multiplier and core speed, other times it doesn't change..
    This is exactly what you'd expect since the multiplier is the factor that decides clockspeed. It is literally the bus speed multiplied by that value, (i.e. 200x14 = 2800) so they would only ever increase proportionally since bus speed remains constant unless changed manually.The voltage situation is different because the voltage isn't a determining factor in the end clock speed, but you may need tweaks in the voltage to reach a certain frequency. This is probably determined by load as well as the frequency,

So yea, what mmettin said. you're good.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Thanks again! It's always better when more than one people confirms that everything is alright!

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    sounds like the shop enabled "cool n quiet" or whatever AMD is calling their clock changing scheme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool%27n%27Quiet

it's entirely normal, but if you want to OC....then you would need to disable the "power saving" stuff
    I got into a debate at guru3d once over the disable CnQ to OC thing. I dunno maybe it doesn't make a difference nowadays anymore. I know years ago it was always best to disable CnQ. Maybe now it doesn't matter? I dunno.. I still turn it off as well as all the power saving stuff.

If you are overclocking then you may want to disable it (just to rule out any exotic stability issues perhaps caused by the combo of OC and C'n'Q), but otherwise I don't see the point.