Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: I love Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ I see you've adopted Nancy Pelosi's "wait and see" defense of things Obamacare does. Buried in those 20,000 pages of new regulations are all kinds of goodies you can spend many hours defending here as "not surprising".

And not surprisingly, you surely will.
    I respectfully rebutted your point. I have no need or time to expand the discussion point into the law as a whole nor your constant use of Alinsky imagery. Apparently you agree with my actual point by way of silence on anything I wrote. I guess I'm done here too.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I respectfully rebutted your point.
    Yes, you respectfully insulted my claim because something "may" well happen with a reply that relies on the possibility that Congress "may" well fix it.

Classic otoc.

And let's be clear, silence around here does not in any way imply agreement, no matter how often its claimed to be so. Some people just aren't worth hassling with and the reason above is a perfect example of why.

^^^ Sounds like another one of your tweet facts.

But not surprisingly, Obamacare may well increase the healthcare cost of our critters.
    I may well mow the lawn today. May not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I may well mow the lawn today. May not.
    You have a lawn?

Poor sucker.

I spent the last couple of days burning the crap on our yard.

And let's be clear, silence around here does not in any way imply agreement, no matter how often its claimed to be so. Some people just aren't worth hassling with and the reason above is a perfect example of why.
    Many thanks for a ready and Dutch approved rebuttal for when scooter next turns a discussion into silence=approval thing for pages. He seems to ignore anyone else saying the same thing.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

^^^ I trust you'll argue with your own words and not use mine as an argument from authority when taking up with others.

Nah. Doubt it.

You have a lawn?

Poor sucker.

I spent the last couple of days burning the crap on our yard.
    Well then you might have a lawn soon too

Our front lawn is nothing more than "The Place Where The Dog Poops." Only other reason I can see having one is peer pressure....everyone else on the block has a nice lawn too. We converted the entire back yard into a garden, which was really a clever way of me shifting the entire backyard chore burden onto my wife AND making her happy at the same time. Aren't too many opportunities in life for that to happen so take advantage when they present themselves.

^^^ Its my favorite time of year here. 'Cause I'm big on the garden. After many years of trial and error and the help of the good friend who wooed me up here in the first place, a Master Gardener and Criminal Defense Attorney (may he RIP), we have a fine collection of Japanese Maples and Hostas that make it nice for about eight months out of the year. This year (or next) we're going to get into Daffodils and Tulips.

Last year it was "Kyler Town"... a new garden of miniature evergreens and rocks that he turned into a place to play with his cars and trucks.

Every year we try to add something. Even though the house has changed a lot, we notice the progressions more in the garden than anywhere else. When someone passes, we plant a tree. We "collect rust". Old ore cars, railroad junk, machinery wheels, saws, etc. Its an eclectic mish-mash of fun and crazy stuff.

Now that the tree debris has been burned off, its time to play in the garden. Gotta love it.

POTUS at basketball court, with kids and Washington Wizards (don't have all names but John Wall included -- will get details for final wrap)

POTUS stepped to free throw line and kids were asked to stand on opposite sides, depending on whether they think he would sink it. Most kids moved in one direction, but one boy went to the "miss" side."Oh, man," a stunned POTUS said, hands on hips. The boy didn't budge. And three others joined.In sharp form, POTUS released the ball. It bounced off the rim and circled it -- miss."Come on. Come on. Did you see that?" Obama said.It got worse.A little while later, after playing tennis, Obama started to take shots amid the kids and pros. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Airball. He moved closer to the net.But time and again, he missed. Of 22 shots POTUS took, he made two. (22 was general consensus of poolers)At one point, POTUS handed a ball to a boy and asked for help. The boy made the layup."He couldn't make one. I had to help him out," said Kahron Campbell, 10, of Landover, MD.
    Embarrassing video at the link: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_712276.html

Must have been a case of bad balls.

^^^ Its my favorite time of year here. 'Cause I'm big on the garden. After many years of trial and error and the help of the good friend who wooed me up here in the first place, a Master Gardener and Criminal Defense Attorney (may he RIP), we have a fine collection of Japanese Maples and Hostas that make it nice for about eight months out of the year. This year (or next) we're going to get into Daffodils and Tulips.

Last year it was "Kyler Town"... a new garden of miniature evergreens and rocks that he turned into a place to play with his cars and trucks.

Every year we try to add something. Even though the house has changed a lot, we notice the progressions more in the garden than anywhere else. When someone passes, we plant a tree. We "collect rust". Old ore cars, railroad junk, machinery wheels, saws, etc. Its an eclectic mish-mash of fun and crazy stuff.

Now that the tree debris has been burned off, its time to play in the garden. Gotta love it.
    TBH, I never got the gardening craze, but my wife loves it and I enjoy the "fruits" of the labor (thank you, I'm here all week). I enjoyed the actual creation/construction of the garden, and I enjoy helping my wife pick out the flowers/vegetables, but when it comes to the planting/weeding/watering/upkeep I leave that up to her....and I think she thanks me for that. She's smart regardless.

Kyler Town....love it

Interesting you mention the Japanese Maples.....I've got one planted in my front yard. It's only a few years old so it is still pretty small, but man is it pretty when it is in bloom. I'll have to take a pic this summer.

Next big job is the fence....I had a neighbor who started it and got foreclosed on before he could ever finish. Quite attractive.

Must have been a case of bad balls.

If you live life standing on the toilet, you'll always be high on the pot.

I find it more than slightly amusing that "Dutch Cedar" has Japanese Maples. Something just not quite right about that. It's like a GM Exec with a Lexus. Wtf?
    Derailing topics with varied sidetracks since 2003.

^^^ Heh.

Mom's always been concerned about the German car.