Smile I see we passed 2 billion

We hit 2 Billion, go frogs

Re: I see we passed 2 billion

Kewl !!!!!

Very cool!

Well I am back to help contribute to that 2 billion ... now that winter is upon us I can heat the house with some good cheap electricity. Oil prices are through the roof here!

Great work everyone on the 2 million ..

The frogs are almost room temperature .... compared to the old days....
    Life’s Trail is long and steep & only gets Steeper!

Hi LostInTennessee I signed up for the Asteroid@home project and I agree the frogs have cooled compared to the old days, but I have cooled myself.

My computers actually are a major part of my household heating and used to be a big part when I was running 2 over clocked i7920's 2 295's and 3 5870's all over-clocked, they had what felt like a hair drier blowing out of them.

The whole population of crunchers changed with the introduction of GPU projects, people used to have farms and all of a suddlooks lien they became obsolete. My 1st million took years, not one day as it was at it's peak. What I need to do is sell some of my old equipment, which currently is everything I suppose as I only have one machine running and my ASUS P6T6 WS REVOLUTION motherboard can't run Windows 8, maybe my old Rampage II Extreme is able to run it but I bought that system a year before the other. I bought a new washer/drier last winter and the delivery guys asked if I ran a computer repair business, not surprising given the parts I have everywhere and old machines used as end tables etc. I'm not a hoarder just not the type to sell old stuff so I still own all my obsolete (to me), I have a Q6600 with a GTX 250 fully functional just retired as it didn't produce enough as a cruncher to make the electricity costs worth it, getting repeated hard disk errors currently so better backup or image while I can.

go frogs

I know what you are talking about. I have about 11 old computers running now and most have old ATI 4800/5700 GPUs. This could be my last winter of crunching, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTennessee View Post
    I know what you are talking about. I have about 11 old computers running now and most have old ATI 4800/5700 GPUs. This could be my last winter of crunching, we'll see.
    LostinTennessee we can't afford to lose you or the PC Perspective Killer Frogs will be in real trouble, how about my helping you do some hardware upgrades cheap, as I have lots of parts, cases, motherboards, cpu's, gpu's etc. besides you really don't want to upset the Killer Frog