Windows crashes as soon as I load M/B drivers

Hi Everyone,

I am using a new Gigabyte B75M-D3H motherboard and I am experiencing some problems with Windows booting after the installation of drivers.

Basically I install Windows 7, everything is fine, I can reboot as normal. However when I run the drivers installation disk that came with the motherboard - and then attempt to reboot I am met by the "Recover Windows" grey box. If I then follow the recovery process Windows says that it has been repaired, and reboots.

When the computer reboots again I am met by a quick BSOD before the computer reboots itself again.

Has anybody had any challenges with driver installation on this motherboard? If so can you please share your wisdom?

Kind Regards,

Davo

Re: Windows crashes as soon as I load M/B drivers

hey

does device manager show any hardware without drivers?

ud

Hi,

I downloaded the newest drivers from the website and installed them one by one. Everything is running fine at the moment.

I think that the issue I was facing sprung from a combination of the automated install disk, and Windows not playing well together. Once the Ethernet driver installed Windows insisted on downloading an update, and the Intel Management Engine tried to perform a firmware update. All of these actions combined were more than "Windows could swallow"!

At any rate I ran BurnInTest over night and there wasn't a single error reported

Thanks for your assistance

Kind Regards,

Davo

ud