Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Bombs at the Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    One uncle called the older brother a loser. Both apparently (might have been) college students. Tough to know anything for sure at this time as it is so fluent and the news crews are working to fill in time until the finish.

He's local so he could be anywhere...
    Yeah, read reports somewhere (AP?) that a family member said the older brother was a dummy and the younger one was a pre-med student.

The videos released yesterday are pretty chilling now that you know a little bit about who they are. Kind of scary that people who lived American lives like that could be so nonchalant about setting off bombs in a crowd like that. They seem so confident and without any hesitation. Must be some kind of religious indoctrination, in my humble opinion. Don't know how else you could so carelessly kill and maim people in the country you've lived in the past 10 years.

I'd hold off on theories. All the area wishes for at this time: is for an end. Most probably a story as background info comes out.

Taxi service has been restored.
    Was more of an observation than a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Was more of an observation than a theory.
    I understand and meant no disrespect. My mind is also processing a lot with all the recent news and interviews. Seems to be pointing towards the older brother. Law enforcement is talking to relatives and friends, hopefully setting up a peaceful ending if possible.

I don't remember any situation in any city as large a Boston where the entire area was shut down as it is now.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

I'd like to see this idiot die in a hail of gunfire, but I'd rather see him brought in and questioned in an attempt to at least try and find out what this bombing was all about. He can get the death penalty later on.

Interview with the uncle here if you can get the video working. Powerful. Feel bad for the guy.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/1...s-hes-shocked/

Tsarni noted that his family had not been in touch with the family of the suspects for a number of years, but still, he expressed shame.

“My family has nothing to do with that family… Of course we’re ashamed. We’re ashamed. They’re children of my brother,” he said. “Somebody radicalized them, but it’s not my brother… He spent his life working.”

Tsarni called on his nephew to turn himself in. When asked why the suspects may have committed what Ruslan described as “an atrocity,” he said simply it was because they were losers.

“Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves; those are the only reasons,” he said. “Anything else to do with religion, with Islam, it’s a fraud; it’s a fake.”

Ruslan told reporters that the two bombing suspects wasted an opportunity for a great life.

“This is the ideal micro-world in the entire world,” he said of the United States. “I respect this country. I love this country; this country which gives chances to everybody else to be treated as a human being.”
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

^^^Yeah, this kind of stuff just doesn't make any sense to me at all. It sounds like the one guy at least would have been able to make a very decent life and a good living for himself here in the US, yet he threw it all away for what?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    ^^^Yeah, this kind of stuff just doesn't make any sense to me at all. It sounds like the one guy at least would have been able to make a very decent life and a good living for himself here in the US, yet he threw it all away for what?

..a particularly stupid religion.

It's wall to wall on the news here too BTW. I hope they get the alive.

One report I'd seen was that they'd got their mother in custody and that she had been caught shoplifting last year in the very department store (Lord & Taylor) that one of the bombs was left near.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post

It's wall to wall on the news here too BTW. I hope they get the alive.

One report I'd seen was that they'd got their mother in custody and that she had been caught shoplifting last year in the very department store (Lord & Taylor) that one of the bombs was left near.
    That would be a year ago, a different city, and not verified considering his parents moved back home.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Yeah, there's been a lot of reporters making things up in lieu of any hard facts. The downside of 24 hr rolling news.

True that. Wait til tonight. He will be found to be obama's cousin...
    George Carlin

True that. Wait til tonight. He will be found to be obama's cousin...
    Who's also a member of the Tea Party as well as the Black Panthers.

2nd suspect isolated in a boat in a yard refusing to come out. Cops waiting for the hellfire from the drone?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    I find this line intriguing... care to enlighten me as to why one particular religion is stupider than another?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I find this line intriguing... care to enlighten me as to why one particular religion is stupider than another?
    Lady masks would be one reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    2nd suspect isolated in a boat in a yard refusing to come out. Cops waiting for the hellfire from the drone?
    Ok I admit I laughed at that.