Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: Bombs at the Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Hey Paul....timing buddy. Too soon. Loved you on Chappelle Show as Negrodamus.
    Yeah, Mooney has said some really racially charged things in the past. I understand the whole shock thing is his shtick but this is bad. And I usually don't run around and slap comedians on the wrist for saying naughty things. But, saying this IN Boston is the bridge too far for me.

And I know Boston has the whole stereotype thing and the history of racial conflict in that city (Red Sox being the last team to hire black players, etc.), but Christ was this soon to be making jokes like this where it happened.

I hate to play the old Republican "switcheroo" thought experiment, but could you imagine a white comedian going to a comedy club in New Orleans a month after Katrina and saying "All the black people in New Orleans deserved to drown! They never learned how to swim!" I mean, yikes.

Yup like I said, timing is everything. In a few years he probably could have gotten some laughs out of it.

And the ol' switcheroo thing never really works because, you know.....slavery and all

^^^That's meant to be sarcastically true.

Reading Paul Mooney's side of thing, sounds like his quotes were taken out of context. Never known him to take back what he says with regards to his previous controversial statements, so I guess I will retract my earlier statements.

Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case. Details to follow.
    — Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) May 1, 2013
    Lone wolves.

Five of 'em so far.

From the Boston Globe:

Two Kazakh men and a third man have been arrested by federal authorities in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, a law enforcement official familar with the case said this morning.

The two men, Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, came to America from the Central Asian nation to study at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was also enrolled. The law enforcement official did not release the name of the third person arrested.
    h/t Ace

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
    The more I look into this, the more I think the FBI dropped the ball on this one.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 05-22-2013 at 09:24 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/22/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
    The more I look into this, the more I think the FBI dropped the ball on this one.
    What are you talking about? Nobody under the executive branch has done anything wrong since January 20, 2009.

Well we're talking about the FBI and I don't know if you can directly hold Obama accountable for their failure, but disciplinary action is essentially up to him.

I know the FBI 'claimed' to have no evidence to warrant futher investigation, but I think they could have at least notified local authorities. Not only that, but this guy Tamerlan, seems like he had his hands dirty with some other things and I hardly think that Tamerlan or Dzhokar were criminal or terrorist masterminds by any stretch of the imagination. I know any fool can criticize, but these guys were basically the Beavis and Butt-heads of terrorists, I think they could have been caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    What are you talking about? Nobody under the executive branch has done anything wrong since January 20, 2009.

Thanks for that one Kev.. it's a keeper.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Well we're talking about the FBI and I don't know if you can directly hold Obama accountable for their failure, but disciplinary action is essentially up to him.

I know the FBI 'claimed' to have no evidence to warrant futher investigation, but I think they could have at least notified local authorities. Not only that, but this guy Tamerlan, seems like he had his hands dirty with some other things and I hardly think that Tamerlan or Dzhokar were criminal or terrorist masterminds by any stretch of the imagination. I know any fool can criticize, but these guys were basically the Beavis and Butt-heads of terrorists, I think they could have been caught.
    That's the problem with terrorists in America these days. Our intelligence apparatus has effectively stopped major 9/11-type plots in the United States. But, we can't do anything to stop the highly motivated idiots who are acting alone and not reporting back to the Al-Qaeda mothership. Like the Times Square bomber, or the Tsarnaev assholes, or the two guys who murdered the British soldier a few days ago. Some of this "petty terrorism" (not to devalue the people killed and maimed in Boston or the British soldier killed) is almost more of a law enforcement issue at the local level and not a counter-terrorist international type deal.

This is about what happened in England... it fits here too...

The women came forward. Children in nearby schools were locked down by their teachers.

This incident illustrates, if nothing else, the endpoint of the social engineering of the West. It has been remarkably effective.

From a certain point of view, the British crowd behaved perfectly and this is the way "they" all want us to behave. The populace sheltered in place, didn't do anything rash, talked to the perpetrators as people. They waited for the police to come and the hospital helicopter to take the corpse away. Some will doubtless get counseling to overcome their shattering experience.

And then they will congratulate themselves on how tough British society is; resilience and all that. The more caring will leave some flowers by a railing and hold a few candle vigils for healing and peace, until these wither and blow away and the news cycle washes up a new object of attention.
    The attackers knew they were actors in a drama - as keenly watched in their communities as on the BBC. And in that other audience they were asking: "How will the locals behave?" We know now. And that other audience may derive an entirely different lesson from this tableau: "See? Only their women act like men. They follow orders. They are nothing anymore - these Westerners. They are a civilization whose core has been destroyed."
    h/t Ace