Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: IRS vs. The Tea Party

Quote Originally Posted by falcon_view View Post
    Your *****are still showing BIG time. LOL. I know you and you little crowd don't see it but everyone else does. LOL

And If I was going to setup someone I would I would make a donation also,
    I just wanted to throw a little reality into the conversation with the statement that I see your point very well. The two party system we have (I include the Tea Party as an attempt to rebrand the GOP for obvious reasons of their involvement) is pretty much business as usual. You and I could probably start a "new thread". But just wanted you to know not everyone here has the opinion of all those teaming up on you. Interesting what happens when someone expresses a opinion that differs, heh?
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    But just wanted you to know not everyone here has the opinion of all those teaming up on you. Interesting what happens when someone expresses a opinion that differs, heh?
    He expressed an opinion and we expressed one. That's how conversations work. We weren't holding him down and beating him.

Why did Congressional Republicans cut Obama's requests for embassy security by $128 million in 2011 and $331 million in 2012, and """then"""" ignore Hillary's warnings that the cuts would be """"detrimental to America's national """security"""""?????

Little bit of @ss covering going on isn't there by the republicans??????
    Last edited by falcon_view; 05-14-2013 at 01:18 PM.

otoc, don't worry about it, I love it. The more they spout off the better I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    He expressed an opinion and we expressed one. That's how conversations work. We weren't holding him down and beating him.
    No, that is very true, which is why I didn't write anything close to "holding him down and beating him". I did read the responses however and you are all entitled to not only your opinions but answering each other to minimize his. Certainly I'm used to that around here, expect it, and respect the freedom that allows you to do it. Clear now?
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

otoc, don't worry about it, I love it. The more they spout off the better I like it.
    lol, then carry on. You certainly got their attention. Have fun.

No, that is very true, which is why I didn't write anything close to "holding him down and beating him". I did read the responses however and you are all entitled to not only your opinions but answering each other to minimize his. Certainly I'm used to that around here, expect it, and respect the freedom that allows you to do it. Clear now?
    Ganging up certainly implies that, at least in my mind, we were trying to silence him, which is absolutely not true. I come here because I like talking about/debating politics. Belittling and degrading your opponents' position is debate 101. it goes back to Aristotle. Maybe we could be more polite and respectful about it, but it was never our (at least my) intention to shut somebody up so they never came back.

Why did Congressional Republicans cut Obama's requests for embassy security by $128 million in 2011 and $331 million in 2012, and """then"""" ignore Hillary's warnings that the cuts would be """"detrimental to America's national """security"""""?????

Little bit of @ss covering going on isn't there by the republicans??????
    Are you going to talk about the IRS and the Tea Party targeting, or just going to keep bringing up Benghazi?

Megyn Kelly... gotta love her... used an old film clip of this guy to describe Jay Carney talking about this story and the AP phone thing...

Are you going to talk about the IRS and the Tea Party targeting, or just going to keep bringing up Benghazi?
    Okay, when are the hearings going to start.

I love stinking up the room with your own crap
    Last edited by falcon_view; 05-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Ganging up certainly implies that, at least in my mind, we were trying to silence him, which is absolutely not true. I come here because I like talking about/debating politics. Belittling and degrading your opponents' position is debate 101. it goes back to Aristotle. Maybe we could be more polite and respectful about it, but it was never our (at least my) intention to shut somebody up so they never came back.
    I wrote teaming up, which is what it was. Ganging up implies something I didn't write. Again, clear enough?

Back on the singular topic of the IRS with some breaking news...
    Justice Department Opens Inquiry Into I.R.S. Audits
    WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said on Tuesday that he had ordered the Justice Department and the F.B.I. to open an investigation into whether Internal Revenue Service officials broke any criminal laws by singling out conservative groups for special scrutiny.

Holder is one slick puppy.

Mr. Holder said that he had recused himself last year from the leak investigation and therefore had not made the decision to seek sweeping subpoenas for two months of call records for 20 telephone lines used by The A.P. and its journalists.
    Because otherwise, he'd have been on the hook.

Clever. Recuse yourself and pass the dirty work to someone else.

Last edited by Dutchcedar; 05-14-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: late edit... recuse, not refuse

I just wanted to throw a little reality into the conversation with the statement that I see your point very well. The two party system we have (I include the Tea Party as an attempt to rebrand the GOP for obvious reasons of their involvement) is pretty much business as usual. You and I could probably start a "new thread". But just wanted you to know not everyone here has the opinion of all those teaming up on you. Interesting what happens when someone expresses a opinion that differs, heh?
    Oddly enough, It is not all that unusual for me to hold perspectives that are different than Dutch and Scoots (As does Kev) and I certainly never feel "ganged up on". We also agree at times. Hell, there have even been a few (rare, but there have been) times I have even agreed with you and even thanked you for sharing some information I was previously unaware of. I was never castigated or ganged up on because of this.

I could be mistaken, but I believe that is the very definition of an internet troll?
    Derailing topics with varied sidetracks since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by taman View Post

I could be mistaken, but I believe that is the very definition of an internet troll?
    No troll, just been away for a while, check to see the thread I started!!!!! And check when I joined. Now I have been gone for a while but it looks like the time I left I would have had more posts than you. So if I am a troll you would be more of a troll.
    Last edited by falcon_view; 05-15-2013 at 12:58 AM.