Problem gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p dead

Power went off for about 15 sec while running computer. Power on...computer fails to boot up. NO post messages. Only monitor message "NO DVI connection". All fans running. Gigabyte board lights on. Correct voltage to the cpu power connector ATX_12V_2X4. checked with a meter. Replaced the video card with a new one and still no Post messages.

system has 8 gigs of memory. a 700watt ps. 4core Intel processor. 2 Sata 3 HDD. Windows 7 Pro. Running video in the PCIEX16_1 slot. Original card has a power connection on the top. The replacement did not. Nothing coming out of either it seems.

Any suggestions on why I do not even get a POST notice on the screen?

thanks
    shubertjr

Re: gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p dead

try one stick of mem and clear the bios.

ud

Smile Re: gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p dead

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post
    try one stick of mem and clear the bios.

ud
    Cleared Bios by removing battery for a few min. Removed all but 1 stick of mem..but I am wondering if it needs two stick to make a pair. Anyway...no change. Monitor still says it is not receiving any video.
    There are 6 little leds in a row that have something to do with CPU speed. They are 2-red, 2 yellow and 2 green glowing.

This motherboard requires 2 sticks of memory in the same color slot. done. No help. CPU fan jerks when power is applied to system but does not turn. voltages on it are 12 V...pin1gnd pin2 12v....NO voltage there when power is on. Fan on top of case runs, fan on rear and on the PS runs. Fan on the Video cards runs. Fan on CPU does not run and I do not know if the sensor that turns it on is working or not. pins 3 or speed control pin 4.

thanks for help.
    Last edited by shubertjr; 05-16-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: additional info

1 stick is all that is needed to post.

from what i gather from the manual, the leds just monitor the load of the cpu.

use your multimeter on a 4 wire molex.

other than that, i'm out of ideas.

ud
    Last edited by uddarts; 05-16-2013 at 01:12 PM.

I have tried two monitors. One a VGA and the other uses a DVI connection. Same message on both. No Bios info shows up on the screen.....nothing from the computer shows up. Both those monitors work fine on a different computer...Dell XPS400.
    thanks

The troubleshooting info that is in the Motherboard manual states that the fan on the CPU should run upon bootup. Mine does not. Is there a way to test the CPU to see if it is dead? The correct 12v is available on the fan connection cable. I just can not see how a power failure could kill the CPU. It was NOT overclocked and definitely not after I cleared the Bios.
    Any suggestions?

i agree that a loss of power wouldn't hurt the cpu. if anything i would think the board would fail first.

i think the easiest way to test the cpu is to take it to a local computer repair shop.

keep in touch. i'm almost as curious as you.

ud