Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: [Console] I just bought a PS3!

Hey, the PS4 launched.

Sony did a screwup. They didn't have enough servers for Playstation Network ready for Playstation 4 launch ready and as a result, the servers are getting hammered like mad, and as a result a lot of people can't get on to the servers to download games and so on. I can't even download anything from Playstation Store. My PS4 functions just fine.

Yeah, that's what I've picked up on with the PS4 launch.
    Comparing PSN to Xbox Live, Sony crashes and burns. I still like my PS3, but if something is online, Xbox all the way. I hit the midnight launch of COD Ghosts, and I had no problems jumping into MP immediately.

Microsoft has some serious missteps with the Xbox One, however, they've backpedaled and as long as they don't botch the online services, they may end up winning this round (at least in the US).

Either way, I have some gaming to do now that the kiddos are in bed.

Oh dear, it has been a long time, hasn't it?

Well, I'm still playing my PS3, why not? The PS4 doesn't exactly have a mass of exclusive titles at the moment, and I'd rather save the money on PC upgrades anyway!

I probably mentioned this in my Wii U thread, but I got a TV after all, mainly because it has a lot of HDMI inputs. The image quality is nicer than my Asus, which doesn't have great colours or gamma, to be honest. I'd replace it, but 1080p 144 Hz is far more important...just not for console games.

Checking through this thread, there are some new games that aren't mentioned yet!

Ultra Street Fighter 4

Since Street Fighter 5 will be exclusive to PS4 on consoles, why not?
    I have the original SF4 for PC, but I don't imagine the game have any frame-rate or control issues, so I figure I'd rather play it on consoles

Gran Turismo 6

This game got worse review than GT5 I think, so....either they have greatly improved it with updates, or reviews are crap. It is a MUCH MUCH better game than GT5, more tracks, improved single-player career (no one 1-race events, except special events). It's quite a competition between this an Forza 4, because it has better events, but the 360 controller is better for racing, and doesn't have any PS2-looking tracks and cars.

Final Fantasy XII series

For all the negativity the gameplay in these games get, they are quintessentially console games. I have the PC versions, which run much better, but the animations don't seem that bad at 30 fps. Also, there are a lot of cutscenes and not a lot of twitch inputs required.
    The characters may be largely annoying, but I actually like the plot, and the setting is...well...it's final fantasy.

Dragon's Crown

This game is fun in short bursts.

Infamous 2

This game is...what did IGN euphemistically refer to it as...oh yea! "Frame-y"
    It's pretty fun, but cole moves too quickly, and the frame rate is...terrible. Not as bad at low frame rates as most other games, but still...ouch.

Guess what? guess...what?

I've got a... REAL ARCADE PRO!

That's right, I'm a pro gamer now. Great for fighting games oh yea! It's also compatible with the PS4 when...you know...that starts to get a good fighting game library. Maybe a new soul calibur?

Also,
    Infamous
    From a technical perspective, this game is terrible. It looks bad and runs bad. However, I get to be a real authentic hero and fight the meanies so it's a good thing!

Are you playing your PS3? Maybe you got a PS4?

*knock* *knock* Isn't anyone playing some PS3?

Ok ok. I will add some!

Dragon's Dogma
    I don't mind that some games are exclusive to consoles - but I'm a bit annoyed that being unable to bring the game to PC often means barely able to bring it to consoles. 30 fps target means between 20-30 fps.

Still, low frames are more bearable with a TV and a controller, so here we go! I climbed on top of a hydra and tore one of its heads off!

Fight Night Champion
    It's interesting how annoying EA is on consoles. The menu system is bad, and the game is constantly asking you to accept the EA online agreement, and seeming very upset that you want to play offline. SHUT UP EA! SSX is the exact same.
    Legacy is by far the best part of the game. I work very hard in training camp to get ready for each and every fight.
    Last edited by Cobra_nVidia; 07-20-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Sorry I only play on PC. Never bought a PlayStation for the kids. They wanted XBox and Wii.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I guess that's okay Lenny if you don't feel like sitting on the sofa and playing some RATCHET AND CLANK!!!!!!!

must haves include God of war, and uncharted series.

Well now, I gots some more games.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Not the biggest fan, but it is not a bad game. I certainly prefer the location hopping over hanging out in Siberia in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Little Big Planet 2
    My little Sackperson is on a mission to defeat the evil NEGATIVITRON! I used a robot bunny, blew stuff up with a robot bee, and also had to escape a giant robot guard turkey. This is the type of game I like!

Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
    Between the online DRM and the fact I don't enjoy click-fests, I have absolutely no interest in playing the PC version of this game.

Dynasty Warriors 8
    I am a big fan of Hyrule Warriors, so it is no surprise I bought this game.
    My favorite character is Diao Chan. She is very graceful and has a beautiful pair of magnificent, soft, volumptuous...weapons...

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
    The uhh...graphics...in this game are really impressive. It's got a lot of single-player mods too! Unlike...ya know...some OTHER games (*cough* Street Fighter 5 *cough*)