Asrock "Purity Sound"?

This came out about a month ago, but now that these boards are being released into the wild, I figured I'd ask what people's opinions are

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Aud...ity,22418.html

Quote Originally Posted by THG
    The A-Style Purity sound would be built using a Realtek ALC1150 codec in conjunction with two TI NE5532 amplifiers. One of the two would work as a differential amplifier, while the other is a headphone amplifier that can support headphones that have an impedance of up to 600 Ohms. The Realtek ALC1150 codec is covered by an EMI shield, and the part of the PCB where the audio hardware is located is isolated to prevent interference.
    Sounds like a nifty upgrade to the hardware without relying on any special software (unlike the boards that integrate Creative's tech)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: Asrock "Purity Sound"?

I've decided to upgrade to Z87 and a Core i7 4770K cpu, even though I don't overclock. The onboard sound on my current motherboard, the VT2020 codec, isn't super great and to hear anything decent from it, I have to crank the Windows volume up to 60% or better.

I decided to get the ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard which has the ALC1150 chip on it and DTS Surround sound.

I'm actually starting to get tired of having a soundcard in my machine, as the only spot I can put it is right between my two Radeon 7850's, and that blocks air flow from my first Radeon 7850. I'm about ready to take it out and use the onboard VT2020 codec until I get my new motherboard and cpu.

Don't know much about ASROCK though and what they're doing with Z87 boards.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    I've decided to upgrade to Z87 and a Core i7 4770K cpu, even though I don't overclock. The onboard sound on my current motherboard, the VT2020 codec, isn't super great and to hear anything decent from it, I have to crank the Windows volume up to 60% or better.

I decided to get the ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard which has the ALC1150 chip on it and DTS Surround sound.

I'm actually starting to get tired of having a soundcard in my machine, as the only spot I can put it is right between my two Radeon 7850's, and that blocks air flow from my first Radeon 7850. I'm about ready to take it out and use the onboard VT2020 codec until I get my new motherboard and cpu.

Don't know much about ASROCK though and what they're doing with Z87 boards.
    Yeah that's my only issue going with crossfire, that sound card would be sandwiched in middle. PCI slot is right between both video slots. I would have to get a PCI ex sound card which is toppest slot.

The Z87 Deluxe Motherboard, has a PCI Express X1 slot just before the first PCI Express X16/X8 slot and in between the two videocard slots are two PCI Express X1 slots that get bandwidth from the PCI Express bridge chip that is on the board. I also won't be using the Intel cpu cooler anymore, can't stand the cpu coolers that come from Intel. With the Z87 Deluxe having a PCI Express X1 slot before the first videocard slot on the board, I can safely use my Xonar Essence STX, which is a darn good soundcard.

The Z87 Deluxe also has everything else, including SATA 6G(3) from Intel and ASMEDIA on it, along with USB 3 and the capability of being a wireless network hotspot. With this build, I'll be saving a pile of money as I already have the ram, videocards, SSD, 3 harddrives, two optical drives, a nice case and my 850watt powersupply.

I looked at MSI's Z87 boards, and they just don't have what I'm looking for in a Z87 motherboard.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z87DELUXE/
    Last edited by Nightowl224; 06-21-2013 at 12:53 AM.