Question Mid-Range Mobo and RAM

I have a question about the amount of RAM on the Mid-Range Motherboard.

According to the Leaderboard and MSI's site, the Z87-G43 is capable of supporting 64GB of memory.
    But, the Haswell processors are only capable of supporting 32GB of RAM. At least that's according to Intel's ARK.

Does that mean that you can only take advantage of 32GB of RAM for now and you would have to wait for Intel to release another 1150 processor that supported the 64GB?

On top of that, the most RAM supported in each slot is only 8GB. So, there are only enough slots for 32GB.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Mid-Range Mobo and RAM

SOme intel boards have 8 slots

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    SOme intel boards have 8 slots
    I know it's not an exhaustive search, but looking online at sites like NewEgg, all I could find for boards that support 8 slots are X79 boards. (i.e. Socket 2011) So, that means Sandy Bridge-E and not Haswell.

My question is about the Z87 board recommended in the HW leaderboard and the associated Haswell CPU's. Haswell in it's current state has a dual-channel memory controller and every board until now has only supported up to 8GB of RAM per slot. All Z87 boards have four total slots. That would make sense as having more than four wouldn't seem to work well with dual-channel.

I guess part of what I'm wondering is if Haswell could be expanded in the near future to take advantage of more than 32GB of RAM. Granted, I know that Haswell-E is coming in 2014 and that will support 64GB like Sandy Bridge-E. But Haswell-E is not the same as Haswell. And Z87 is not that same as X79.

To me, I just don't see how someone could use more than 32GB of memory on the Z87-G43 board when the processor can't support more than 32GB. Unless MSI has managed to do something in the UEFI to allow it to work.

Thanks

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Wait or buy a 3xxx series, they still perform good.