Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Member: Sam from AMD

Hello everyone,

My name is Sam (a.k.a. Warsam71), AMD’s newest Community Manager helping with everything enthusiast: Gaming, APUs, GPUs, CPUs, events and much more…

About me:

I’ve been in the gaming industry for more than a decade, where I have worked on numerous titles including Tomb Raider, Hitman Contracts, Just Cause, 25 To Life, Age of Conan, Alice Madness Returns and Rift to name a few, and currently playing in the open beta of World of Warplanes by Wargaming.net. My first console was the Atari 2600, followed by the Commodore 32 and 64, Intellivision, all the PlayStations and X-Boxes…you get the idea.

On the PC front - I started with an 80286 processor based PC where I played a golf game on a monochrome screen, and got my first taste of the “pre-internet era” via BBSes, remember? From there I went through every processor type and played hundreds of FPS and Action Games (i.e. from Wolfenstein 3D to every COD).

I’m gonna be the guy behind “^ST” on the @AMDGaming Twitter handle, and you can also follow me @Samshaw71.

I’m here to help you in any way I can guys. So, feel free to message me with any thoughts, comments, issues and ideas you may have. I will be reading threads, participating and asking you lots of questions!

Warsam71

Re: New Member: Sam from AMD

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Sam (a.k.a. Warsam71), AMD’s newest Community Manager helping with everything enthusiast: Gaming, APUs, GPUs, CPUs, events and much more…

About me:

I’ve been in the gaming industry for more than a decade, where I have worked on numerous titles including Tomb Raider, Hitman Contracts, Just Cause, 25 To Life, Age of Conan, Alice Madness Returns and Rift to name a few, and currently playing in the open beta of World of Warplanes by Wargaming.net. My first console was the Atari 2600, followed by the Commodore 32 and 64, Intellivision, all the PlayStations and X-Boxes…you get the idea.

On the PC front - I started with an 80286 processor based PC where I played a golf game on a monochrome screen, and got my first taste of the “pre-internet era” via BBSes, remember? From there I went through every processor type and played hundreds of FPS and Action Games (i.e. from Wolfenstein 3D to every COD).

I’m gonna be the guy behind “^ST” on the @AMDGaming Twitter handle, and you can also follow me @Samshaw71.

I’m here to help you in any way I can guys. So, feel free to message me with any thoughts, comments, issues and ideas you may have. I will be reading threads, participating and asking you lots of questions!

Warsam71
    Welcome to the forums.

You should try to join us on a "regular" game night

Welcome to our little corner of the gaming world

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome guys!

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

You should try to join us on a "regular" game night
    Ha ha! I'm in...I'm currently in the World of Warplanes OB (play mainly at night), grinding my way to Tier 9 jets, and I'm totally hooked.

Have you played it yet?

Ha ha! I'm in...I'm currently in the World of Warplanes OB (play mainly at night), grinding my way to Tier 9 jets, and I'm totally hooked.

Have you played it yet?
    Nope, haven't even heard of it

Currently I am splitting my time between NFS:Hot Pursuit, Borderlands 2. Some of the other members will add BF3 to that list as well

Have you played it yet?
    Is that one of those "World of Tanks" spinoffs? I've never been able to get into the F2P stuff specifically because the grind is always so frustrating.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Yeah, it's their newest title. I agree, the grind is definitely a...grind, but it's part of the MMO experience. The coolest thing about it is the intensity of the battles! One way to look at it is like a FPS with wings Check it out if you can, after all it F2P
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Yeah, it's their newest title. I agree, the grind is definitely a...grind, but it's part of the MMO experience. The coolest thing about it is the intensity of the battles! One way to look at it is like a FPS with wings Check it out if you can, after all it F2P
    MMO...Not really my cup of tea

Maybe I'll give it a shot

Welcome to our corner of the world Sam.

Ever play StarTrek on a mainframe?

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    MMO...Not really my cup of tea

Maybe I'll give it a shot
    For most of us MMO = Minimally Multiplayer Online.

Like Matt, O'Dog, Lenny, and most of the rest - I haven't really even given a thought to real MMO's. Is this one you are talking about on Steam?

And you don't have to talk to the guys that are using Intel platforms. They're traitors.

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by tlemaste View Post
    <chop>

And you don't have to talk to the guys that are using Intel platforms. They're traitors.
    who is using intel ?

<chop>

Like Matt, O'Dog, Lenny, and most of the rest - I haven't really even given a thought to real MMO's. Is this one you are talking about on Steam? <chop>
    Not on steam, standalone

http://worldofwarplanes.com/en/content/docs/update/

Welcome to our corner of the world Sam.

Ever play StarTrek on a mainframe?

For most of us MMO = Minimally Multiplayer Online.

Like Matt, O'Dog, Lenny, and most of the rest - I haven't really even given a thought to real MMO's. Is this one you are talking about on Steam?

Thank you!

I haven't played StarTrek...

"Real" MMOs are definitely fun, and definitely "massive", last one I played was Guild Wars 2, and the first one I've ever played was Ago of Conan. Love them both, but took so much time out of my day/life.

Check out WoWP, especially if you are a "minimal"

mmettin is right it's a standalone...and I'm hooked!
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Hey Sam,
    Check out the forum stickies. I imagine that you're already on Steam, so what is your steam name? Also, join us on Team Speak. Matt is on a lot more that most of us, and then O'Dog ( AKA OwaN ). Brandito is on quite a lot also. On game nights there's a bunch more of us. And we like to talk.

Tom

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.