Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: New Member: Sam from AMD

You worked on Hitman Contracts??
    As a dev or what? That game is made by IO, what does AMD have to do with it?

By the way how come on steam all hitman games are available except contracts? I want to get the whole collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    WoWP is pretty fun, I get on for a quick game now and then. The flight dynamics are definitely "arcade", but the combat is fun. Maybe a froggy game night.
    Agreed. But that's what I like about it (including the intensity). When you get to the higher tiers, strategy becomes a huge factor
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    You worked on Hitman Contracts??
    As a dev or what? That game is made by IO, what does AMD have to do with it?

By the way how come on steam all hitman games are available except contracts? I want to get the whole collection.

Yup!
    But not as a dev.

I was in marketing, helped/worked on a lot of titles that Eidos Interactive published those years (AMD has nothing to do with it btw - was just part of my bio). Back then, Eidos went through a lot of changes. Got acquired by SCI, then a few years later was bought by Square Enix. So, Square Enix owns the Hitman brand now...

Not sure about the Steam thing. Could be a licensing deal...
    Sam

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Yup!
    But not as a dev.

I was in marketing, helped/worked on a lot of titles that Eidos Interactive published those years (AMD has nothing to do with it btw - was just part of my bio). Back then, Eidos went through a lot of changes. Got acquired by SCI, then a few years later was bought by Square Enix. So, Square Enix owns the Hitman brand now...

Yeah I know Eidos doesn't own hitman anymore. I guess contracts had some publishing issues which is why steam doesn't offer it.

Either that or it was for moral reasons, it was the darkest psychological disturbing hitman game to date, remember the level in the Romanian nightclub with that psycho that had the little girls chopped off leg. I strangled that mofo and stole his meat knife lol.

Yup!
    But not as a dev.

Cool. I'm not a marketing person, nor am I likely to ever become one, but how did you get into gaming marketing? I have some experience with consumer-facing products and I've found the whole process very fascinating. Sitting in on focus groups is always a trip to figure out what people like and what bothers them to the point of turning them off making a purchase. How do/did you guys handle your consumer reasearch with regards to gaming in particular?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Cool. I'm not a marketing person, nor am I likely to ever become one, but how did you get into gaming marketing? I have some experience with consumer-facing products and I've found the whole process very fascinating. Sitting in on focus groups is always a trip to figure out what people like and what bothers them to the point of turning them off making a purchase. How do/did you guys handle your consumer reasearch with regards to gaming in particular?
    Great question. There are a lot of "tools" available to marketers. From NPD (which mainly reports on consoles) to Nielsen. Another example is GameTrax by CBS Interactive (owners of GameSpot.com), then there is IGN's Game Metrics, the list goes on...oh, finally, there are a lot of independent research firms too, like EDAR which specialize in gaming industry only. Good stuff. Important stuff.
    Sam

Great question. There are a lot of "tools" available to marketers. From NPD (which mainly reports on consoles) to Nielsen. Another example is GameTrax by CBS Interactive (owners of GameSpot.com), then there is IGN's Game Metrics, the list goes on...oh, finally, there are a lot of independent research firms too, like EDAR which specialize in gaming industry only. Good stuff. Important stuff.
    Yea, figures that its a lot of 3rd party firms. We use Nielsen as well for market research and product ideation, but we do our own consumer research with test products as well that people like me in R&D sometimes get involved in. It can be frustrating at times, but the whole process is really fascinating. I'd be interested to see what kinds of people they recruit for gaming focus groups!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present