Cool should i upgrade from i7 2700k to the new i7 haswell..is it worth it?

I have a pretty decent computer with an i7 2700k - I am debating on getting the new haswell but i wonder how much more performance i will be getting with a haswell..I guess what I am asking is there a noticeable speed difference or is it just not worth it.......

Re: should i upgrade from i7 2700k to the new i7 haswell..is it worth it?

I upgraded from a 1st gen i7 870 and P55 Motherboard to an i7 4770 and ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard and I saw a massive performance increase. If you were running a first gen i7, then I would say do the upgrade.

Since you are running a second gen i7, it's a tough call as to whether to not you should upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by peteyanf View Post
    I have a pretty decent computer with an i7 2700k - I am debating on getting the new haswell but i wonder how much more performance i will be getting with a haswell..I guess what I am asking is there a noticeable speed difference or is it just not worth it.......
    Having both a 2600k and a 3770k both at the same clock speed(4.5 Ghz), I am unable to tell the difference.

The only thing I notice is around a 10% increase in folding@home ppd

The newer 4770k I'd guess would be 15-20% improvement over what you have currently.

My guess is you wouldn't notice the difference.