Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 256
  1. #136
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    553

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    There was no mention of the frame rate they were obtaining. If anything it was same due to same video card......

    Yes the test is retarded to you because it proves you wrong.

    You say AMD rigged it? How so? THe hardware was identicle on both machines, testers were given a choice of computer A or B simple as that.

    Face it I provide hard evidence and you still bash AMD.
    You've provided nothing. (at least nothing useful to a CPU buyer)

    The test is retarded because all it proves is that AMD can find a game and settings where their cpu can provide a similar or better experience to an intel rig. (which has never been in dispute)

    You might want to look up what "Quantitative vs Qualitative" research is.

    Or, you can just go on thinking it's "just as good" to use or buy hardware that runs all games slower, yet costs about the same money.

  2. #137
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,090

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    There was no mention of the frame rate they were obtaining. If anything it was same due to same video card......

    Yes the test is retarded to you because it proves you wrong.

    You say AMD rigged it? How so? THe hardware was identicle on both machines, testers were given a choice of computer A or B simple as that.

    Face it I provide hard evidence and you still bash AMD.
    You need to make up your mind... In the other threads you were arguing that results showing AMD and Intel putting out the same FPS were irrelevant because you wanted to believe there was a quantifiable advantage for AMD... now you want to sit here and say AMD is better because it delivers the same FPS as Intel... Anyway, for the most part I agree with you, as long as the FPS is +/- a little bit its pretty much the same as far as the user is concerned. Either way, Jethro is right that we can quantitatively measure the performance, so trying to dismiss those results as being pointless and irrelevant is just being willfully ignorant of the fact that one product has actually outperformed the other.


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  3. #138
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    380

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    If there was one really interesting thing about the Tom's Hardware article showing performance through from the Athlon II through the FX 6350, it was that AMD has been consistently improving upon their performance throughout time. I was actually sorta surprised that a stock clocked FX 6350 was beating out the overclocked X4 965 pretty consistently. Most have assumed that IPC has not improved with the FX series, but at least with Vishera we see some concrete advancements. Too bad that only the overclocked FX 6350 could approach the i5 3570K at stock, but then again the 6350 can often be found on sale for less than $130.
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath

  4. #139
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    553

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMST View Post
    If there was one really interesting thing about the Tom's Hardware article showing performance through from the Athlon II through the FX 6350, it was that AMD has been consistently improving upon their performance throughout time. I was actually sorta surprised that a stock clocked FX 6350 was beating out the overclocked X4 965 pretty consistently. Most have assumed that IPC has not improved with the FX series, but at least with Vishera we see some concrete advancements. Too bad that only the overclocked FX 6350 could approach the i5 3570K at stock, but then again the 6350 can often be found on sale for less than $130.
    Yep, Vishera made substantial gains in gaming over Bulldozer. AMDs problem is it retained the same thermal/power characteristics, and remained below intel mid range chips in gaming.

    In any case, you are now out of work JoshMST.

    No one wants to see your crazy benchmarks to evaluate hardware anymore.

    The new way to buy hardware is the companies will set up two computers, one with their parts, one with the competition's parts.

    Some kids at a tech show will play on both, vote for who they like best, and that is what we will buy.

    As actual measured results are no longer necessary in the modern world, you can sit down and relax. Catch up on your reading.

  5. #140
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    You need to make up your mind... In the other threads you were arguing that results showing AMD and Intel putting out the same FPS were irrelevant because you wanted to believe there was a quantifiable advantage for AMD... now you want to sit here and say AMD is better because it delivers the same FPS as Intel... Anyway, for the most part I agree with you, as long as the FPS is +/- a little bit its pretty much the same as far as the user is concerned. Either way, Jethro is right that we can quantitatively measure the performance, so trying to dismiss those results as being pointless and irrelevant is just being willfully ignorant of the fact that one product has actually outperformed the other.
    Make up my mind? Yet again reading comprehension skills ahem. Let me correct you, what I said is that benchies at high rez really show no difference, has nothing to do with the AMD reality test check. I posted that link cause it provides evidence that AMD is a smarter choice, you all consistently repeat and put words in my mouth that I say amd is faster or better, I never said that. So quit the horsecrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Yep, Vishera made substantial gains in gaming over Bulldozer. AMDs problem is it retained the same thermal/power characteristics, and remained below intel mid range chips in gaming.

    In any case, you are now out of work JoshMST.

    No one wants to see your crazy benchmarks to evaluate hardware anymore.

    The new way to buy hardware is the companies will set up two computers, one with their parts, one with the competition's parts.

    Some kids at a tech show will play on both, vote for who they like best, and that is what we will buy.

    As actual measured results are no longer necessary in the modern world, you can sit down and relax. Catch up on your reading.
    Kids? Laugh what like the kids you babysitted modding NVidia forums?
    Gimme a break I show you clear evidence and you find irrelevant unsubstainable retribultals cause you have nothing better to come up with. Face it your just mad cause I proved you wrong, the blind taste test doesn't lie. Doesn't matter how many benches you post. And Ill repeat myself yes intel wins in about 80% of benches but yet again reality check taste test doesn't lie.

    You say they rigged it by choosing a game that will perform similarly or better? Where in the article does it state that?
    Yet again quit the horsecrap and admit your wrong.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.

  6. #141
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    553

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end


  7. #142
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    380

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Oh Jethro...
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath

  8. #143
    Joined
    May 2000
    Location
    Florence, KY, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,143

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    The truth of the matter is that both experiential and metric based data are both important to this discussion. Yes AMD systems might FEEL just as fast as Intel ones but some tests clearly show there are areas that AMD is falling behind. Even in terms of multi-GPU gaming where frame pacing is a concern, AMD CPUs have fallen behind Intel CPUs at the same price point based on some tests I have seen.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--


  9. #144
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,090

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    AMD CPUs have fallen behind Intel CPUs at the same price point based on some tests I have seen.
    And thats got to be a huge concern for AMD, and does get at what I was talking about a couple posts ago. If AMD gives up making high performance cores and tries to spin it as "giving up on the high end", they're going to be dead in the water for the x86 desktop market. They simply won't be able to match Intel's mid/low-range CPU's at any level because the tech trickles down. Throwing more cores at a problem only pays dividends as long as you're dealing with lots of multi-threaded software, and often comes at the cost of die area, which eats into margins. Thats why I take the report in the OP with a grain of salt, because the implications have costs that preclude the existence of AMD as we know it.


    Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

  10. #145
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    553

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Make up my mind? Yet again reading comprehension skills ahem. Let me correct you, what I said is that benchies at high rez really show no difference, has nothing to do with the AMD reality test check.
    As the "reality test" PR shell game was done at 57X10 Eyefinity resolutions, I'd say it has "a bit" to do with the that farce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Kids? Laugh what like the kids you babysitted modding NVidia forums?
    Why you keep bringing up that I moderated NVIDIA's forums for a while is beyond me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Gimme a break I show you clear evidence and you find irrelevant unsubstainable retribultals cause you have nothing better to come up with. Face it your just mad cause I proved you wrong, the blind taste test doesn't lie.
    No.
    I'd laugh at that "test" if it were done by NVIDIA, AMD, or intel. We have methods available to see actual measured performance for pc parts and buy based on real numbers, not "feelings" and "guesses".
    If you're trying to buy a fast car, you don't just go drive a Mustang GT and a Camaro Z28 and guess which "felt" faster. You look up tested 0-60 and 1/4 mile times because it's measurable.
    If you're trying to buy a bigger house, you look up the measured square footage. You don't walk around in similar houses and guess which one is biggest.
    If you want to buy a monitor with more contrast you look at tests of contrast, not at monitors.

    Why does one do all this stuff? BECAUSE YOUR SENSES AREN'T AS ACCURATE AS RADAR GUNS, TAPE MEASURES, OR CONTRAST TESTS.

    You want people to use that worthless test, because you want them to buy like you: Knowing they're getting less for the money, but doing it anyway because AMD are "darn good guys".


    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Doesn't matter how many benches you post. And Ill repeat myself yes intel wins in about 80% of benches but yet again reality check taste test doesn't lie.
    Actually intel wins about 99% of the benches in gaming. One PR stunt designed by AMD to sell AMD parts isn't fooling anyone. That ridiculous test said BULLDOZER is as good as intel. Sure it is- when you make the test totally GPU dependent and use a game AMD hand picked to make their point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    You say they rigged it by choosing a game that will perform similarly or better? Where in the article does it state that?
    Yet again quit the horsecrap and admit your wrong.
    You expect us to believe that after reading every professional review on the internet totally trashing the Bulldozer the AMD PR team put together a test where AMD would be anything but comparable??

    Ummmm....yeah.

  11. #146
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    And thats got to be a huge concern for AMD, and does get at what I was talking about a couple posts ago. If AMD gives up making high performance cores and tries to spin it as "giving up on the high end", they're going to be dead in the water for the x86 desktop market. They simply won't be able to match Intel's mid/low-range CPU's at any level because the tech trickles down. Throwing more cores at a problem only pays dividends as long as you're dealing with lots of multi-threaded software, and often comes at the cost of die area, which eats into margins. Thats why I take the report in the OP with a grain of salt, because the implications have costs that preclude the existence of AMD as we know it.
    Ohh I see even at mid low range intel wins? You seem to forget that APUs like trinity and richland blow away anything intel has to offer at that price point. They can game at 1080p while intels graphics cant.

    Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    As the "reality test" PR shell game was done at 57X10 Eyefinity resolutions, I'd say it has "a bit" to do with the that farce.

    Why you keep bringing up that I moderated NVIDIA's forums for a while is beyond me.


    No.
    I'd laugh at that "test" if it were done by NVIDIA, AMD, or intel. We have methods available to see actual measured performance for pc parts and buy based on real numbers, not "feelings" and "guesses".
    If you're trying to buy a fast car, you don't just go drive a Mustang GT and a Camaro Z28 and guess which "felt" faster. You look up tested 0-60 and 1/4 mile times because it's measurable.
    If you're trying to buy a bigger house, you look up the measured square footage. You don't walk around in similar houses and guess which one is biggest.
    If you want to buy a monitor with more contrast you look at tests of contrast, not at monitors.

    Why does one do all this stuff? BECAUSE YOUR SENSES AREN'T AS ACCURATE AS RADAR GUNS, TAPE MEASURES, OR CONTRAST TESTS.

    You want people to use that worthless test, because you want them to buy like you: Knowing they're getting less for the money, but doing it anyway because AMD are "darn good guys".



    Actually intel wins about 99% of the benches in gaming. One PR stunt designed by AMD to sell AMD parts isn't fooling anyone. That ridiculous test said BULLDOZER is as good as intel. Sure it is- when you make the test totally GPU dependent and use a game AMD hand picked to make their point.



    You expect us to believe that after reading every professional review on the internet totally trashing the Bulldozer the AMD PR team put together a test where AMD would be anything but comparable??

    Ummmm....yeah.
    Like Ryan said, they are two different tests.
    Go ahead keep on believing they are rigged. And you keep on doing car analogys. This has already been done for years, Intels would be more like a speedy sports car while amds are monster trucks

    ANd no you haven't read every "professional review" cause if you would see the one comparing 3960x to 8350 in BF3 the cat would catch your uninhibited toungue

    And how is the test worthless? Why because your mad it proves you wrong?

    And btw go to gaming and look at the BF4 alpha benchmarks, there is less then 10 fps difference between the highest end intels and and 8350. Really? Is it worth 800$ more just for 10 fps? Gimme a break.

    And no I could give two shits if people want to buy like me, Im just showing a different point of view then "ohh im so leet0rz I spend a 1000 bucks for only a mild increase in performance, but no in some cases its spanks the shit out of that crappy AMD" but since you like to post a million benchies like I said, is 10 fps worth the difference in price? I don't think so.

    FAce it your a bench bragger thats all you can do. The little PR "stunt" by AMD was done to prove you kind not wrong but that it doesn't matter those benches, that once your gaming and not doing synthetic benches you wont see a difference.Your retributals are flawed, your a like a lawyer but a horrible one may I add. I should know my ex was one......

    One more thing, yet again concerning AMD farwell to the high end, I refuse to believe that unless their new APUs could substain enthusiast level performance, I still have hopes for steamroller. From a marketing standpoint it doesn't make sense to do that, they would lose even more money. Plenty still buy visheras. They would lose that market.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-21-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  12. #147
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    53
    Posts
    9,778

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.


  13. #148
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Ohh come on, cpuboss? Its ok for a quick comparison but nothing substantial. IN any case it proves my point on many things such as performance per dollar and value.

  14. #149
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,817

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end


  15. #150
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Yes I certainly know how to liven up these forums again

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •