Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

I should have read more before I posted. Apparently I, like almost everyone else am now on Poci's ignore list. Sheesh Poci, I think you need to get back on the weed and chill out. Another thing I find strange is how you moved to Europe (Spain if I remember right) because you don't like the US and it's war machines and you were also having trouble finding a job. Things would be so much better in Europe you say, but now you're right back here in the land of the capitalist pigs.

Ps Kevin, I'm still laughing at your posts.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Ohhh sorry, your right it was brothergc.
    In any case you say you see no trolls? What do you think Jethro and Keven are doing?? They are jealous of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    They are jealous of me.
    What do you have that I would be jealous of?

An 8350 pulls 334 watts at load with a mandatory (imo) OC. The 4670 while overclocked otoh only pulls 162. No matter how much you love AMD you have to admit that's a Hell of a lot more heat to deal with. It's pretty sad to see that even a 2600k that came out in January of 2011 uses 15% less at OC load than AMD's latest and greatest. My personal results with a 2600k running at 4.6ghz using a Corsair H100 cooler get about 62C via Prime 95. Most other programs that put it at 100% load never get it above 60C, and this is with the fans on medium.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...l-cpu-review/6

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    What do you have that I would be jealous of?
    Never mind you wouldn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    An 8350 pulls 334 watts at load with a mandatory (imo) OC. The 4670 while overclocked otoh only pulls 162. No matter how much you love AMD you have to admit that's a Hell of a lot more heat to deal with. It's pretty sad to see that even a 2600k that came out in January of 2011 uses 15% less at OC load than AMD's latest and greatest. My personal results with a 2600k running at 4.6ghz using a Corsair H100 cooler get about 62C via Prime 95. Most other programs that put it at 100% load never get it above 60C, and this is with the fans on medium.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...l-cpu-review/6
    334W oced so what, that in no way should discourage anything, as long as you have good cooling your good to go. Of course and a decent PSU

Never mind you wouldn't get it.
    So, I'm jealous of something I don't understand. That makes perfect sense.

Yeah Kev, its ok, I forgive you for your lack of understanding of the human mind.

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/19/a...and-excavator/

Word has reached our ears that pretty much the entirety of the AMD big core line was a casualty of the last round of layoffs. It looks like it is game over in that whole segment for the green team
    This is from last November, but it is on topic. I wouldn't trust Charlie for any news of NVIDIA or intel, but I have no doubts he has sources inside AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/19/a...and-excavator/

This is from last November, but it is on topic. I wouldn't trust Charlie for any news of NVIDIA or intel, but I have no doubts he has sources inside AMD.
    Updated 11/19/2012@10:15am: AMD contacted us with an official denial of the story and stated that Kaveri and the big cores are still on track.

So if AMD is denying that who should we trust that blog or AMD themselves?
    Trust me I would be the most pissed off one if they gave up on big cores.

Anyways, Ill remove you guys from ignore since I see some more rational posts, just don't get under my skin again.

334W oced so what, that in no way should discourage anything, as long as you have good cooling your good to go. Of course and a decent PSU
    So what you say? As long as you have really cheap electricity, your cooling is top notch, and you don't mind all of the extra noise and heat just to run a cpu that can't keep up with the competitions cpu that doesn't require you to make any of those sacrifices? Uuuhhh, I totally see your point? Sorry, but I still remember the days of Thunderbird and all of the noise from that screaming Delta fan I had. It's so nice to be able to game now and not hear the fans on the video card and cpu more than the game itself. The fact that the 8350 burns so much power that even after doubling what the 4670 uses you're still not there is not just sad, it's pathetic. I just don't understand why anyone would make all of those sacrifices for nothing.

Look Poci, I know you think I'm an Intel fanboy, but I'm not. I go for whatever cpu or video card is going to give me the best bang for my buck in gaming. Right now in the cpu department at least, that's sure as Hell not AMD. I built dozens of AMD systems back in the good old pre-Core 2 Duo days and I would love nothing more than to have an AMD cpu in my next build, but from what I've seen from them over the last 7 years, I don't have my hopes up. Honestly, the Bulldozer fiasco really put me off of them even to this day. Windows 8 will make this cpu really shine they said. Yeah right!

Electicity cost is not a lot. Do u worry about light bulbs too? As for noise that is relative and depends what fan u use. Heck even stoc in coilling on this 8350 is not that loud I only hear it during stress tests when it revs to 6000 rpm.

During gaming I dont hear it

So what you say? As long as you have really cheap electricity, your cooling is top notch, and you don't mind all of the extra noise and heat just to run a cpu that can't keep up with the competitions cpu that doesn't require you to make any of those sacrifices?
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Process...-Overclocking-

That additional 75W the FX-8350 dissipates into your case will indeed keep a person's video card and other fans running at higher speed, resulting in higher case noise. This could well be part of the reason AMD is rumored to be cancelling Steamroller.

Honestly, the Bulldozer fiasco really put me off of them even to this day. Windows 8 will make this cpu really shine they said. Yeah right!
    Heh, I'd forgotten that.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...er_Fiasco.html

An ex-AMD engineer told Xbitlabs how the original design of the FX line is flawed.

Found this at a review site, but I forgot to bookmark the link, image was in my cache.

Do we have enough seats for everyone to SIT DOWN?
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

^^^Selling my Intel crap now to beat the rush on Ebay.