Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Re: AMD gives up making "big" CPUs, 9590 their farewell to high end

Wow, I don't look at the forums for one day...
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post

Found this at a review site, but I forgot to bookmark the link, image was in my cache.

Do we have enough seats for everyone to SIT DOWN?
    Thank you very much for multiple, genuine "LOL" moments. This is a very good parody of the graphing PR departments put forth.

(and the nature of these debates)

Well played, sir. You not only keep standing, but move to the head of the class.

I love that "Big Difference is BIG". Just excellent.

Found this at a review site, but I forgot to bookmark the link, image was in my cache.

Nice find! Obviously way better than the "synthetic benchmarks" that those people at Intel have Tom's Hardware post.

Is there any site on the web where one can escape the treachery of these intel zealots and their disinformation, helpful strangers? A place a man can get the "in the know" scoop on how AMD is leading the pack with their world's first 8 core design???

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Is there any site on the web where one can escape the treachery of these intel zealots and their disinformation, helpful strangers? A place a man can get the "in the know" scoop on how AMD is leading the pack with their world's first 8 core design???
    We're going to have to assemble some kind of crack investigative team to dig up the origins of Sub's high-quality documentation.

I think this thread has run its course

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Sub since when did you get the troll virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Nice find! Obviously way better than the "synthetic benchmarks" that those people at Intel have Tom's Hardware post.
    That's it, all of you resort to childish mocking now since I proved you wrong.

Yet again trolling and provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    We're going to have to assemble some kind of crack investigative team to dig up the origins of Sub's high-quality documentation.

I think this thread has run its course
    I think the biggest mistake staff here made was putting you as a mod. A mod should not be mocking members like a 13 year old in middle school.

Anyways, Im tired of this charade, Im just gonna post this:

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-real...xperience_1838

Every time I see one of you geniuses say something negative to me about AMD.

REALITY CHECK, just like the title of the link.

THat shut you guys up, made you resort to childish mocking. Wanna talk about empirical evidence? The above link is the smoking gun.

I rest my case.
    GGmmkay thx
    Last edited by Poci; 08-12-2013 at 04:22 PM.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Process...-Overclocking-

That additional 75W the FX-8350 dissipates into your case will indeed keep a person's video card and other fans running at higher speed, resulting in higher case noise. This could well be part of the reason AMD is rumored to be cancelling Steamroller.

Heh, I'd forgotten that.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...er_Fiasco.html

An ex-AMD engineer told Xbitlabs how the original design of the FX line is flawed.
    Ohh yeah AMD is cancelling steamroller cause of an extra 75W that may or may not rev up fan speeds depending on how you have BIOS configured....

Kudos to your logic....

Lol, in reply to a question many pages ago about what Z87 board I was interested in... I guess my quick (and nearly uninformed) answer would be the Asus Sabertooth Z87. I have used some of the other Sabertooth boards, and they are a nice combination of price/features. Not as high end as the upper ROG numbers, but still more interesting than the more basic boards. The MSI MPower Z87 is also interesting.
    PCPer writer and podcaster
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JoshDWalrath

Quote Originally Posted by JoshMST View Post
    Lol, in reply to a question many pages ago about what Z87 board I was interested in... I guess my quick (and nearly uninformed) answer would be the Asus Sabertooth Z87. I have used some of the other Sabertooth boards, and they are a nice combination of price/features. Not as high end as the upper ROG numbers, but still more interesting than the more basic boards. The MSI MPower Z87 is also interesting.
    Dunno about the intel sabertooths, but I had a 990FX sabertooth R2.0 for troubleshooting and it felt a lot more flimsy then both asrock boards I had, the fatality and the extreme 9.

But it still seems like a decent board, I liked the ceramic cooling on mosfets and NB

Btw thank you trolls (not u josh, the trolls know who they are) for making me look bad, I was trying to show AMD high ups my posts to impress them so I could get a job with them and "shill" for them. Now Im not even gonna bother since your politician tactics made me look bad.

In any case from now on Im not gonna bother arguing with people that have inferiority complex issues. Ill just post the AMD Reality Check challenge link for you guys again and again and again. Maybe it will get trhough your titanium strength skull structure.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-12-2013 at 05:27 PM.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD...ath,23809.html

Interesting that AMD did not deny they are leaving the big cpu business.

Basically the question is like asking Ford if they are quitting the car business.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD...ath,23809.html

Interesting that AMD did not deny they are leaving the big cpu business.

Basically the question is like asking Ford if they are quitting the car business.
    Yeah cause Toms is such a great source and so reliable.......

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Yeah cause Toms is such a great source and so reliable.......
    This story is a reference to the VR-zone report followed by THG saying they asked and got a "no comment"... Do you even read these links before dismissing them as anti-AMD?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

This story is a reference to the VR-zone report followed by THG saying they asked and got a "no comment"... Do you even read these links before dismissing them as anti-AMD?
    No doubt.

Rory Read told anyone who would listen AMD was leaving the high end and competing with intel there when he took over AMD, and other review sites (E.G. Anandtech) have noted those plans are underway.

This very site has said this their understanding as well, and it would make perfect sense if Vishera (or Steamroller at the latest) is AMD's last "big" cpu as they shift to a console/mobile/notebook market where their integrated graphics give them something to sell.

But some dismiss all this, scoffing, "AMDs high end glory days are right around the corner! Now that they have three consoles instead of two, all games released going forward will be highly multithreaded and the 8350 will take it's long overdue place at the top of the CPU food chain! Big difference is BIG!"

If Tom's asked intel if they're leaving the high end cpu market they own, I imagine they'd be happy enough to say "no" between gales of laughter and requests Tom's share that stuff they've been smoking.

That I why AMDs refusal to answer to me smacks of confirmation, and protection of stock price. (such as it is) The only reason I can figure they'd withhold this info is inventory in channel plummeting in value if it becomes known they are EOL.
    Last edited by jethro; 08-19-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Ok Ill admit it this time I didn't even bother clicking. Because I think toms is n00b, sorry.

Anyways I think we will see a new name instead of FX, I don't think they are just gonna make APUs.
    Last edited by Poci; 08-19-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Ok Ill admit it this time I didn't even bother clicking. Because I think toms is n00b, sorry.

Anyways I think we will see a new name instead of FX, I don't think they are just gonna make APUs.
    Yeah, Tom's is n00b, they're only about the first hardware review site in the industry.

There's no way they could install parts, run scripted benchmarks, and paraphrase PR press kits.

Poci, I had press privileges with NVIDIA for years. They have staff that will help you anytime day or night, give you kits with recommended benchmarks and settings, details of all the tech aspects of their product to report on, give you copies of the games, drivers with SLi profiles, etc..

Even if Tom's guys were "n00bs" reviewing parts and reporting tech news isn't like designing the parts themselves. It's journalism, reporting the products. You need to know something about hardware, but the sample benches and help the companies give out makes it hard to go too far astray.