Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    yes The rev 4.0 even supports those uber 5ghz virshia cpus and takes care of the vrm issue , I am just going to wait till next month and order one from new egg . I am seeing in the posts rev 4.0 is shipping
    Lets us know what your results are when you get it.

brothergc, I am running a previous revision of the 990Fxa-UD3. I have a FX 8350 clocked at 4.4 and have been running it for several months under full load 24/7 (crunching). I have not had any issue with the board at all. None. This is truly a great board and the rev 4.0 just enhances it. When the 4.0 boards are more common place in stores I will pick up one and setup another 8350 rig. The real difference between my board and the 4.0 is the beefier heatsink with a heatpipe on the vrm's/northbridge. And the 4.0 has a Uefi bios.
    Last edited by ThE_MaD_ShOt; 08-27-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_ShOt View Post
    brothergc, I am running a previous revision of the 990Fxa-UD3. I have a FX 8350 clocked at 4.4 and have been running it for several months under full load 24/7 (crunching). I have not had any issue with the board at all. None. This is truly a great board and the rev 4.0 just enhances it. When the 4.0 boards are more common place in stores I will pick up one and setup another 8350 rig. The real difference between my board and the 4.0 is the beefier heatsink with a heatpipe on the vrm's/northbridge. And the 4.0 has a Uefi bios.
    I see , but I am playing it safe . Some of the people at new egg are reporting getting rev 4.0 boards . I am in no hurry here so I figure wait till mid september and pull the trigger .
    Your right on your pointing out the differences but from what I read The 4.0 has a beefier VRM configuration ( see my 1st post for a link )
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I see , but I am playing it safe . Some of the people at new egg are reporting getting rev 4.0 boards . I am in no hurry here so I figure wait till mid september and pull the trigger .
    Your right on your pointing out the differences but from what I read The 4.0 has a beefier VRM configuration ( see my 1st post for a link )
    You guys are making me want to purchase this board too now.

well after some thought I am throwing in the towel . Got the cpu up for sale . Giving up on AMD and their out dated chipset maybe IF they come out with a new chipset I give that a try

well after some thought I am throwing in the towel . Got the cpu up for sale . Giving up on AMD and their out dated chipset maybe IF they come out with a new chipset I give that a try
    I would say may the force be with you but you have joined the darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    I would say may the force be with you but you have joined the darkside
    that is true ! But I got you to carry the torch !

that is true ! But I got you to carry the torch !
    ANd a skinnier wallet and your supporting the military industrial complex which= giving sarin gas to suni jihadist/al kaeda rats. Congrats

Like I said there was no reason to throw in the towel, there is nothing wrong with 990FX and especially after you claimed the rev 4.0 was not having VRM issues. You even made me want to buy it.
    Last edited by Poci; 09-01-2013 at 04:50 AM.

^^^Buy Intel, support Al Queada. Now I've heard it all.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    so That is what Poci ment ? sheeze

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Is it any different then ppl not buying chick o fil or whatever they are called for LGBT bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Is it any different then ppl not buying chick o fil or whatever they are called for LGBT bashing?
    off topic if You want to discuss Your beliefs post in in the proper place please This has NOTHING to do with a AMD motherboard . Thank You !

well looks like new egg is shipping the rev 4.0 boards but the reviews are not looking good . Kinda sorry I bought this 6350 as it now collects dust and no one wnts to buy it even at a deeply discounted price . sigh , oh well done with amd , sad they cant release a new chipset or some 3rd party wont release one .

MSI noooo ! way too many issues with that POS If I can find a version 4.0 then That is what I will get . I have been in contact with new egg trying to get them to update their info on the board . They curently show a version 1.0 and I dought that to be the case . I asked then to verify what version they were selling but they politly declined which is total BS IMO .
    Gigabyte should have recalled all the older revisions IMO
    I am using a MSI 690FX board to post this, it has a 6400 125W CPU that I had originally put a MSI 690X board and I too had real genuine flames That was a memorable moment! The toasted board was RMA'd and MSI REPAIRED it and sent it back telling me the 690X could not take more that 110W or something like that, where the 690FX could handle it so the 125W. i put a 5000 in the repaired 690X and it is still humming along too. Earlier this year I went to Fry's and bought the MSI 990FX GD-80 V2 board as it was reasonably priced and they did not have the board I really wanted. I brought it home and it was DOA, would not post, I took it back to Fry's, they actually tested the board on the spot, said it was DOA, wouldn't post. They pulled a second board off the shelf and opened it and tested that board, it posted. I took it home and the Warden is using it with a 8350 as we speak. It did not have the fancy new Bios, which I consider a plus. I am okay with MSI.
    For my new build I ordered a ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen 3 R2 board from "Cost Captain" in Atlanta. The order has been processing since the 22nd and they charged my card on the 24th for two of them. Then the site was down till this afternoon. I'll call again tomorrow or I will have to use my ASRock Extreme 9 for my main machine and buy another MSI at fry's for the 4350 upgrade
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.