Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
  1. #16
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    Yes I saw that Gigabyte at new egg but they can not say what version that they have so I am going with the same board at tiger. Look at the pick at new egg , their posting a pick that says rev 1.0 LOL.
    I did email tiger even though I chatted with them just to confirm that they are selling the rev 4.0 of the gigabyte 990FXA
    So what AMD boards are You running Now ?
    Are you sure they have rev 4.0? I just called them, and the guy I talked to said they had 3.0s

  2. #17
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by john14ty66 View Post
    Are you sure they have rev 4.0? I just called them, and the guy I talked to said they had 3.0s
    yea I see you maybe right , just for kicks I emailed Tiger Direct , they would not tell me what version they were selling , top that off and I chatted on line in a chat box at their siteand that guy said that they had rev 4.0 somebodys koo koo

    Screw it putting this project on hold seems new egg and tiger direct do not even know what their selling LOL
    Last edited by brothergc; 08-12-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  3. #18
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Just go to the store and see for yourself. I wouldn't trust a phone operator or an email response....

  4. #19
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    Yes I saw that Gigabyte at new egg but they can not say what version that they have so I am going with the same board at tiger. Look at the pick at new egg , their posting a pick that says rev 1.0 LOL.
    I did email tiger even though I chatted with them just to confirm that they are selling the rev 4.0 of the gigabyte 990FXA
    So what AMD boards are You running Now ?
    asus M5A97-, gigabyte 880g-ud3h, and the biostar -BIOSTAR TA880GB.......The biostar is a cheap one. i wish i had the $ for the 8350 cpu, it was $20 off at the egg saturday...my $184 sapphire 7870 is on its way, it might go in my main rig if its faster than my asus 660ti, not sure which one of of the cards is the fastest, and the slowest will go in one of my amd rigs....that version 4 gigabyte boards looks like one to get....why do you want the version 4 over the 3???? i am still looking at the sabertooth.,, but more $.
    Last edited by geekkyyy; 08-13-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

  5. #20
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    asus M5A97-, gigabyte 880g-ud3h, and the biostar -BIOSTAR TA880GB.......The biostar is a cheap one. i wish i had the $ for the 8350 cpu, it was $20 off at the egg saturday...my $184 sapphire 7870 is on its way, it might go in my main rig if its faster than my asus 660ti, not sure which one of of the cards is the fastest, and the slowest will go in one of my amd rigs....that version 4 gigabyte boards looks like one to get....why do you want the version 4 over the 3????
    660ti is pretty much alittle faster then 7870 but more comparable to a 7950, but the 7950 wins in most cases. I had a EVGA 660ti and it felt flimsy, which surprised me because EVGA imho make best NVidia cards.

  6. #21
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    asus M5A97-, gigabyte 880g-ud3h, and the biostar -BIOSTAR TA880GB.......The biostar is a cheap one. i wish i had the $ for the 8350 cpu, it was $20 off at the egg saturday...my $184 sapphire 7870 is on its way, it might go in my main rig if its faster than my asus 660ti, not sure which one of of the cards is the fastest, and the slowest will go in one of my amd rigs....that version 4 gigabyte boards looks like one to get....why do you want the version 4 over the 3???? i am still looking at the sabertooth.,, but more $.
    why version 4 ? That would be explained in my 1st post but I will refresh it for you but basicly with 6 and 8 cores . it is burning out the VRMs with older revisions

    Anyway I just hold out on getting anything for the moment seeing I cant get a version 4 shame newegg and tiger cant keep their info updated
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    I did some digging and found that gigabyte has updated their GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 to work better with Vishera CPUs .Well I should point out that their is a issue with using a older version of this motherboard with the latest AMD 6 or 8 cores . Gigabyte has revised the board to adress the issue . The easiest way to tell is to look at the north bride heatsink . version 4.0 has the heatpipe conecting the 2 upper heatsinks on the board see here
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4672#ov

    version 3.0 is here
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4397#ov


    http://www.techpowerup.com/186972/gi...ud3-rev-4.html

    Gigabyte rolled out the fifth revision to its 990FXA-UD3 socket AM3+ motherboard, which possibly heralds a series of upgrades to the company's existing socket AM3+ motherboard SKUs. The 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4 features a host of changes over its UEFI-equipped predecessor , beginning with a refreshed 10-phase CPU VRM
    (Digital Power Engine), a different selection of chokes, capacitors, and MOSFETs, newer VRM and chipset heatsinks capable of handling higher thermal loads, and Gigabyte's newest UEFI setup program. The board is otherwise identical to the 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.

    Designed with support for AMD FX "Vishera" processors out of the box, the 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4 features a split power-plane 10-phase CPU VRM, with chokes that don't whine under load, and lower footprint MOSFETs. The CPU socket is wired to four DDR3 DIMM
    slots supporting up to 64 GB of dual-channel DDR3-2133 MHz memory, and the AMD 990FX northbridge. This chip gives out two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots, and two PCI-Express 2.0 x4 slots (physical x16). Two PCI-Express 2.0 x1, and a legacy PCI make for the rest of its expansion. All six SATA 6 Gb/s ports from the SB950 southbridge are assigned as internal ports, while a Marvell 9172 controller handles two eSATA 6 Gb/s. The board offers a total of four USB 3.0 ports, driven by EJ168 controllers by Etron.
    8-channel HD audio driven by Realtek ALC889 CODEC, and a gigabit Ethernet interface driven by Realtek 8111F, cover the rest of its connectivity. Since it's a revision to an existing SKU, we expect it to be priced the same, around $140.
    Last edited by brothergc; 08-13-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  7. #22
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    ok....i just read that also on the reviews on the egg....think i will pass on this board, just don,t need that kind of problem with my hard earned dollars....maybe one would have to get the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5...i read a review on it, it just works, but does not have any advantage over other boards ....i am leaning toward asus,,,,might to a peak at some asrock boards....biostar seems to have taken a vocation on the 990fx boards.
    Last edited by geekkyyy; 08-13-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

  8. #23
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    ok....i just read that also on the reviews on the egg....think i will pass on this board, just don,t need that kind of problem with my hard earned dollars....maybe one would have to get the GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5...i read a review on it, it just works, but does not have any advantage over other boards ....i am leaning toward asus,,,,might to a peak at some asrock boards....biostar seems to have taken a vocation on the 990fx boards.
    not reading good things on the UD5 at new egg , just not much choice on any boards . Wondering if that is one of the reasons why AMD is suffering . That old 9 series chipset realy needs a refresh . Starting to relook at the asrock extreme 9 again . but the 2 other boards I had I was not real impressed with them , I had the extreme 4 and that thing was slow , and the fatality . ( both 990fx boards ) Maybe they have upped their game with their latest release . It is one of the boards that supports the 9590
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  9. #24
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    good luck.....let us know what you get. i would not be getting anything for a month....i might even get the cpu first....probably the fx 8350, seem popular....later
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

  10. #25
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    good luck.....let us know what you get. i would not be getting anything for a month....i might even get the cpu first....probably the fx 8350, seem popular....later
    Have You considered a fx 6350 ? Its basicly fx 8350 with one core disabled , might be able to unlock that core ? Anywho Thats what i got as it was on sale for 119 and i just could not resist .
    I have seen the Asrock extreme 9 on sale for 159 so I migh just wait for that to go on sale again . anyway have a good one
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  11. #26
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    Have You considered a fx 6350 ? Its basicly fx 8350 with one core disabled , might be able to unlock that core ? Anywho Thats what i got as it was on sale for 119 and i just could not resist .
    I have seen the Asrock extreme 9 on sale for 159 so I migh just wait for that to go on sale again . anyway have a good one
    i had actually thought about the fx 6350.....how does it perform...a lot better than the phenom II 970???
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

  12. #27
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    i had actually thought about the fx 6350.....how does it perform...a lot better than the phenom II 970???
    well Here is what little I can find
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...-6350+Six-Core
    http://www.cpu-world.com/benchmarks/AMD/FX-6350.html
    not going to beat the fx 8350 but good bang for the buck especialy if it the other core is unlockable . I realy don't know that for a fact but in anycase one thing is for sure a lot less power draw say 25% less under load .


    EDIT :
    looking at new egg customer reviews the 990fxa ud3 does have a problem with overheating VRMs one reviewer says and I quote
    "Cons: 1: VRM over heats (150-200F in 77-80F room over several boot-freeze sequences per Amprobe ir608a Laser/IR Thermometer), system then freezes. This board should have a BURN WARNING on it. Write this on another system I shall.
    2: VRM & NorthBridge (NorB) heatsinks wobble to any but the lightest touch on Rev3 boards (fixed on Rev4 but NewEgg shipped a Rev3 to me). If VRM heatsink wobbles while powered, how long before the MoBo is fatally damaged"
    Unquote
    Last edited by brothergc; 08-14-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  13. #28
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    i have my new sapphire 7870 hooked up with phenom II 560, 4 CORES UNLOCKED...the 560 seems to be holding back the graphics card, so i got to get something with a bit more power...thanks for the links, do good info there
    #1-i5-4690k-msi z97 gaming 5- msi gtx 1060 6gb- lg ud 68 4k monitor
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-gigabyte 990fxa ud3-xfx 480 4gb- asus pb 278 2k moitor
    #3-i5-2400- biostar tzz77-msi 480 4gb- asus vx24a 2k monitor
    #4-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

  14. #29
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Indpls. IN.
    Posts
    7,896

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    i have my new sapphire 7870 hooked up with phenom II 560, 4 CORES UNLOCKED...the 560 seems to be holding back the graphics card, so i got to get something with a bit more power...thanks for the links, do good info there
    I think the 6350 would fill the bill and save some cash . The times I have gotten those uber high end cpus I been disapointed . Even with my 3770k that I am running now I am not all that impressed considering the price , is it fast You bet , but unless your trying to squeeze out every FPS possible then the fx6350 sould do fine with a single vid card config.
    Plus that 8350 will realy be pulling some watts and unless your sure Your board can handle that much power then Your better off with a 6 core.
    BUT before I bought [B]any[/B ]of AMDs' latest CPUs i would check with AMD to see what they recommend for motherboards.the fx6350 is a 125w cpu . you could use a lower fx6300 which is a 95w cpu
    Last edited by brothergc; 08-14-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

  15. #30
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: where I can get a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Version 4.0 ?

    The six core vishera seems good.

    Only vishera I think is not worth the money the cherry picked 5 ghz 9xxx series.

    AMD should have priced them a little more then an 8350 and they would be much more interesting, Id say around 275$ish

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •