Need help: Hardware diagnostic tools running from BOOTABLE DOS CD?

Not sure where this question best fits in the forum. My apology in advance.

I having a self-built system that I am suspecting to be having an intermittently malfunctioning keyboard.

I use to remember there is a bootable CD with a bunch of hardware diagnostic tools to test various things like keyboard, mice, etc., but I can't remember what it is.

Can someone help? The tool kit comes in the form of an ISO that can be burned as a bootable CD. I distinctly remember that this is a separate keyboard tester that allows you to test each key press individually to see which ones are not working.

PS: I found something called Ultimate Boot CD. I tried it, but there is no tool there to test the keyboard specifically.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Need help: Hardware diagnostic tools running from BOOTABLE DOS CD?

Hmm I was gonna say ultimate boot cd but you already tried it.

In any case cant you do something simple and just open a text file and press each key till you see which one doesn't work?

I've never heard of a bootable floppy or similar which does tests of individual keys. I assume that it can be done from a purely technical standpoint, but not easily: how would it know which type of keyboard you had? Most people only want to know of the keyboard is working at all, so that's usually all that they test.

To clarify, what I need is a DOS program to display a virtual version of the keyboard on screen so that it will show the keystrokes that I make on the keyboard that I am testing. This is to diagnose bad keyboards when there are fused keystrokes in which multiple characters/keys are being sent to the system even if only a single key is pressed. Likewise, it can diagnose instances when a particular key does not register any keystroke at all when it is pressed.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by to1337ca View Post
    To clarify, what I need is a DOS program to display a virtual version of the keyboard on screen so that it will show the keystrokes that I make on the keyboard that I am testing. This is to diagnose bad keyboards when there are fused keystrokes in which multiple characters/keys are being sent to the system even if only a single key is pressed. Likewise, it can diagnose instances when a particular key does not register any keystroke at all when it is pressed.
    What your describing is worn out crappy keyboard.

Like I said just open a text or word file and do the testing, improvise