Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Hitman: Absolution

Looks like Ill be buying more then just BF3 this year.
    http://www.next-gen.biz/features/hit...elling-stories

I was waiting for another hitman game then gave up and now IO decides to revive the franchise? Ohh well, bring it on!!!

Re: Hitman: Absolution

Should be a cool one.

Looks like official website is up
    http://hitman.com/#/videos/
    another cool video

Yeah needs an update in the series. New game. I kinda want more realistic character movement, not fake, unfinished kinda character movement. Too many games don't do enough, they get it wrong. Nice to see a game get character movement, appearance and physics of it right.

They said its using glacier 2 engine. ANyone know if its DX10 or 11?

Bump
    Thread Revival time.

This game finally came out 4 months ago and no one has posted about it I notice.

Have you guys played it yet? Best one yet since hitman 2. IO seemed to bite a little bit of the max payne thing with time manipulation during shootouts but its automatic anyways and the point shoot feature is awesome, you literally just stop time and can take out 10 targets in less then 3 seconds with it. Graphics are beautifull, not very demanding on hardware, AI is VERY good and the voice acting is great. Story seems pretty good too although it doesn't seem to continue after bloodmoney since you seem to be working for the "agency" again, only during first mission though, after that lets just say 47 gets a razor blade and shaves the barcode off, looks like hes tired of his job and misses confessing the priest in sicily and now wants redemption. Hehe, I wont spoil it, you have to experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Bump
    Thread Revival time.

This game finally came out 4 months ago and no one has posted about it I notice.

Have you guys played it yet? Best one yet since hitman 2. IO seemed to bite a little bit of the max payne thing with time manipulation during shootouts but its automatic anyways and the point shoot feature is awesome, you literally just stop time and can take out 10 targets in less then 3 seconds with it. Graphics are beautifull, not very demanding on hardware, AI is VERY good and the voice acting is great. Story seems pretty good too although it doesn't seem to continue after bloodmoney since you seem to be working for the "agency" again, only during first mission though, after that lets just say 47 gets a razor blade and shaves the barcode off, looks like hes tired of his job and misses confessing the priest in sicily and now wants redemption. Hehe, I wont spoil it, you have to experience it.
    I think I played about an hour of it, decided I really, really didn't like it and never tried it again. I found it way too hard to try and sneak around, I also found the disguises useless as the guards would recognize me if I even glanced in their direction. It was a big letdown for me as I really enjoyed Blood Money.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I think I played about an hour of it, decided I really, really didn't like it and never tried it again. I found it way too hard to try and sneak around, I also found the disguises useless as the guards would recognize me if I even glanced in their direction. It was a big letdown for me as I really enjoyed Blood Money.
    Ohh of course they recognize you, it has been like that in all hitman games. UNLESS your walking by a different type of NPC. Like say you get a plumber disgues and you walk by a security guard they wont get suspicious only OTHER plumbers will cause you all supposedly know each other from same company. Its very good AI in fact. And in this game they make it n00b friendly by pointing out a little arrow when they get suspicious, all you have to do is use instinct to blend in and they will forget about you. In the earlier games there was no arrow, especially in hitman 1. In hitman 2 there was a little red bar that would get bigger or smaller depending on suspicion level. Kind of like spider sense tingling.

Give a try again, you will see what I mean. It takes strategic thinking to get things right. Im just playing on normal difficulty first. On harder levels and especially purist which is hardest there is no instinct or any GUI notifyers I think. And you don't HAVE to sneak around, you could blast everything if you want, but the harder the difficulty will refrain you from that. On normal or easy you should be able to do so as long as you have enough ammo and take cover.
    Last edited by Poci; 04-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.

BUMPITY BUMP

I just reinstalled and am playing this again when I get frustrated with battlefield n00bness.

OMG what a game, now that im getting good at it Im on Hard difficulty level and its amazing. So far in first 3 missions I was able to score above world and US average in points. Im trying to get silent assassin ratings. The built in benchmark tool is great too, more sites should include this bench when testing GPUs. Im getting min 42 max 62 fps. Compared to BF3 that's rape. In BF3 if I turn off Vsync I can get over 100 fps. This game is very GPU intensive, and for a reason too, It is beautifull, looks even better then BF3 with all the bells and whistles on ultra. Add SweetFX shader suite and you will be awed. The gameplay itself is amazing, not since soldier of fortune have I had such fun killing bad guys. No lame ragdoll physics like years ago, now bodys react on where you shoot them, not as gorey as soldier of fortune but very cool.

Im gonna vote this for GOTM when you guys make the poll next week.

BEST LEVEL EVAR!!!

Eventually I've got to play this again. I got as far as the Chinese square level, got tired of it and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Eventually I've got to play this again. I got as far as the Chinese square level, got tired of it and never looked back.
    That level wasn't too hard, there are many ways to complete it in 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    BUMPITY BUMP

I just reinstalled and am playing this again when I get frustrated with battlefield n00bness.

OMG what a game, now that im getting good at it Im on Hard difficulty level and its amazing. So far in first 3 missions I was able to score above world and US average in points. Im trying to get silent assassin ratings. The built in benchmark tool is great too, more sites should include this bench when testing GPUs. Im getting min 42 max 62 fps. Compared to BF3 that's rape. In BF3 if I turn off Vsync I can get over 100 fps. This game is very GPU intensive, and for a reason too, It is beautifull, looks even better then BF3 with all the bells and whistles on ultra. Add SweetFX shader suite and you will be awed. The gameplay itself is amazing, not since soldier of fortune have I had such fun killing bad guys. No lame ragdoll physics like years ago, now bodys react on where you shoot them, not as gorey as soldier of fortune but very cool.

Im gonna vote this for GOTM when you guys make the poll next week.
    You convinced me! Actually, shame on me because I actually worked on one of the installments (blood money), and played everyone till BM. It think 47 rocks, and even liked the movie. Anywhooo, I'll install it when I get back home.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    You convinced me! Actually, shame on me because I actually worked on one of the installments (blood money), and played everyone till BM. It think 47 rocks, and even liked the movie. Anywhooo, I'll install it when I get back home.
    Yes the movie was not bad at all despite all the unknown actors except for Olyphant. The only thing I didn't like was the sword fight scene, too cheesy and impressionable. But the plot was good and detailed.

Im going to buy and replay all the old hitmans again, I haven't played them in years. But I will say absolution is the hardest. Im playing on hard difficulty now and only was able to get silent assassin rating in the strip club level pic I posted above.

Btw you worked on bloodmoney? Awesome!!!

You know what? This is an interesting coincidence but many years ago like in 2002 after Hitman 2 realease I was a regular at hitmanforum and they made a post to make new ideas for missions. I posted about making a nightclub level where the target was a cokehead and to allow disguise as dealer and poison his coke. A few years later what do we see? In hitman contracts a night club level, you know the one with the fat slob in the Romanian night club? And now with Absolution in the first Chinatown level you find find the stash of "nose candy" and poison it.

Im thinking of asking IO for my share of the cake for giving them the ideas
    Last edited by Poci; 08-31-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Whao, for those that got to later levels did anyone notice the two Kane and Lynch (game from IO as well) cameos??????????

First in the bar fight level in the hick town Kane is smoking a cigarrete and a biker disrespects him and Kane knocks him out and starts the bar fight that 47 has to get involved in in order to get to bartender.
    Then later on in the courtroom level 47 can see Kane locked up writing a letter to his family.

One can only assume Kane and Lynch 3 is going to be using Glacier engine 2 as well, which will be sweet, for those that hated sneaking around in hitman they will love Kane and Lynch because its literally shoot everything and with glacier engine 2 its gonna be sweet.