UEFI BIOS: what can't it do?

I'm discovering (the hard way) this supposed new & improved BIOS deal isn't what's it cracked to be. Is the following a across the board list of what this can't do?

1. The initial boot screen, the one where you can clearly see all the attached drives, flashes by in a second preventing one from seeing anything in a blink of a eye? is there a way to pause this so I can see if all the drives are there without going into the BIOS like it use to be?

2. The 'home page' (or main page if you like) doesn't show the drives either, just the processor & memory which makes that mostly useless. You have to hunt around and go into a sub menu to find that out.

3. There is no ability to isolate SATA ports, it's either all or none which kinda makes that useless if one wants to hide one or two drives for whatever reason.

More questions when I come across more issues.
    When not in use, turn off the juice!

Re: UEFI BIOS: what can't it do?

Quote Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
    I'm discovering (the hard way) this supposed new & improved BIOS deal isn't what's it cracked to be. Is the following a across the board list of what this can't do?

1. The initial boot screen, the one where you can clearly see all the attached drives, flashes by in a second preventing one from seeing anything in a blink of a eye? is there a way to pause this so I can see if all the drives are there without going into the BIOS like it use to be?
    So you are complaining it boots too fast? You can see the drives once you are in the operating system, or in the bios. What is the need to see them every time it boots? Do your drives disappear often?

2. The 'home page' (or main page if you like) doesn't show the drives either, just the processor & memory which makes that mostly useless. You have to hunt around and go into a sub menu to find that out.
    The main page of a regular bios doesn't show the drives either. You you have to go into sub menus to see anything. Not sure what the issue is there either.

3. There is no ability to isolate SATA ports, it's either all or none which kinda makes that useless if one wants to hide one or two drives for whatever reason.
    Just like a regular bios.

So you are complaining it boots too fast? You can see the drives once you are in the operating system, or in the bios. What is the need to see them every time it boots? Do your drives disappear often?
    A. There was never a problem with conventional BIOS's. It was there. I could stop the boot if I needed to instead of waiting. B. Going intro the BIOS and digging around to a sub menu for get info that should be up front is short sightedness. C. Waiting until the O/S settles down is too long.
    The main page of a regular bios doesn't show the drives either.
    It's on the 2nd page, it's not a sub menu at last on my nForce570 board.
    Just like a regular bios.
    My "regular" BIOS allows selecting ports 1 & 2, 1-4 or all (1-6). Also to enable or disable the eSATA port and the IDE port. All have drives attached that show up in the initial screen.

It worked great for 7 years, but unfortunately I had to change O/S's for hardware reasons just like last time.

what mobo is it?
    i know in MSI theres an option in bios to make (1) show faster or slower.

ASRock 970 ext 4