The Republican Party: Revision or Collapse?

The battle for the soul of a political party is underway.

Will the Demo-Neo-Cons retain control?
    Will old fashioned Conservatism come back?
    Will Rand Paul and a new generation of constitutional conservatives overhaul the party?
    Will the voting public abandon the party as a lost cause and dust-bin it?
    Something else?

Here is a snapshot of cracks in the mortar:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ng-deal-makin/

The Legislative District 26 Republican Party in Arizona has spoken, and they’re not happy with Sen. John McCain. The group issued a sharp and formal written rebuke of their senator, calling his work across party lines — particularly with Democratic Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid — destructive to GOP party principles.

In a resolution, the group charges Mr. McCain with “unilaterally negotiate[ing] with … Reid to secure Republican votes necessary to pass a number of controversial presidential nominees,” Breitbart.com reported.

For instance: Mr. McCain helped secure the nominations of Gina McCarthy to head the Environmental Protection Agency; of Richard Cordray to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau; and of Thomas Perez as Labor Secretary, the group said, characterizing the policies and politics of all three as counter to Republican principles.

Mr. McCain “provided the votes necessary for the confirmation of the above nominees,” stated the resolution, which passed the GOP body by a 24-13 vote earlier this week.

Mr. McCain argued at the time of the nominations that he was only supporting them to avoid Mr. Reid from making good on a promise to “go nuclear” and bypass normal nomination rules.

But the group called that line of logic pure “capitulation” on the part of Mr. McCain, Breitbart.com reported.
    All I can say is that this one is at least one election overdue. But you get the idea- conservatives are getting they have been betrayed without saddle soap. What now?
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Re: The Republican Party: Revision or Collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post

Will Rand Paul and a new generation of constitutional conservatives overhaul the party?
    Something else?

I

All I can say is that this one is at least one election overdue. But you get the idea- conservatives are getting they have been betrayed without saddle soap. What now?
    I'm not so sure I would call McCain and the republican leadership neo-cons. In my view they are RINOs or blue dog democrat look-a-likes.

I like Rand Paul but I'm not so sure I would call him a traditional conservative, I think libertarian would be closer. I think Cruz and Gohmert from Texas would be more like a traditional conservative. A neo-con is somebody moving right and a RINO is somebody moving left.

Untll the Republican Party gets rid of the RINO leadership and the RINO money bunders like Carl Rove they are going no where.

I purposely didn't mention Rubio because he screwed up big time on illegal immigration when he joined the gang of whatever.
    Last edited by tucker; 09-13-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post

Something else?

What I think you're seeing is a generational gap between the baby boomers and generation Y. By and large elderly people vote alot more than their younger counter parts. And winning over this demographic is very important in alot of local elections in the south and Midwest, hence the G.O.P is still doing well for themselves in that respect. The problem this creates is that the pickins' are rather slim when the time comes to pick presidential candidates. You have a choice between sure losers like Bachmann and Perry or empty suit opportunists like Romney. Younger conservatives and younger people in general tend to lean more libertarian, but don't really have alot of candidates who represent that ideology very well.
    Someone like Rand Paul has the potential to be successful even though he had defected from the brand of Libertarianism that his father pioneered.
    Democrats could soon face a similar problem because they too have been losing support among younger (liberal) voters.

What is most likely is that the G.O.P. will try to rebrand themselves over the next decade or two.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

No more so than the Democrat party. Blue collar vs tree huggers. Southern conservatives vs eastern liberals.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    What is most likely is that the G.O.P. will try to rebrand themselves over the next decade or two.
    They definitely will and they will go after the votes of minorities at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    They definitely will and they will go after the votes of minorities at all costs.

Do you mean there will be two far-left democratic parties?

I guess that isn't the end of the world there is 1 1/2 democratic parties already.

with the current developments i'm going for this option

Will the voting public abandon the party as a lost cause and dust-bin it!
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"