Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: AMD fails at Eyefinity and Surround in CFx

I give up: why is it Bethesda's fault if third-party mods slow the game down?

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I give up: why is it Bethesda's fault if third-party mods slow the game down?
    It's widely known that the game with or without mods uses a lot of resources and after awhile will ultimately bring performance to a crawl or crash. This is due to a memory leak that Bethesda never fixed and probably never will as they are done with the game. I ran in to this problem more than once, even before I discovered mods. I even heard that AMD was supposedly fixing a supposed microstuttering problem in their drivers where Skyrim was concerned, and that still hasn't been fixed, the microstuttering is still there, it happens at random, which is why it is hard to pinpoint and fix on AMD's part.

So yes, most of the fault lies with Bethesda for not fixing a serious memory leak in the game, where Skyrim will use a lot of resources, eventually slow down and crash.

Some of the mods are execellent and cause no problems, but others are pieces of junk. If Bethesda didn't endorse mods, they never would have come out with the mod tools at all.

OK we're straying OT here, but I'm in charge so I'll allow it. First, what memory leak? I can play the game for eight hours solid without issue? If you mean "some people have a memory leak" that's a whole other ball game, because it could be caused by anything. Just because it happens in Skyrim does not mean Skyrim causes it. It might, but it is not a certainty. Yes, Skyrim uses a lot of resources. Guess what - it's doing a lot. It's nowhere near as bad as Oblivion for hoovering up spare CPU cycles. And you still haven't show how Endorsing Mods becomes It's all Bethesda's Fault when they don't work. When did it stop being the fault of whoever wrote the mod?

Skyrim didn't see fixes because it was a DX9 title; AMD also admitted that those weren't addressed until Phase 2 or whatever they call it.

The latest information I heard at the Hawaii event was "fall". So....? http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Te...-and-4K-Autumn
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

It seems the tables have turned quite dramatically in terms of microstuttering:

http://muropaketti.com/artikkelit/na...md-vs-nvidia,2

Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    It seems the tables have turned quite dramatically in terms of microstuttering:

http://muropaketti.com/artikkelit/na...md-vs-nvidia,2
    I'll wait until I see documentation of your claims on a site I've heard of before believing this. AFAIK, NVIDIA's solution is still hardware based, AMDs is still software based, and AMD is at around "90% as good" in regard to this matter.

However; if they have passed NVIDIA at reducing micro stuttering, I'd say "Kudos" and "It's about time multi GPU owners didn't have to deal with this.".

mine configuration doesn't fail, i don't konw about you but mine works like a charm now.