Question Causing specific events in Win 2008

This might be a bit of a strange question. I'm looking for a way to cause a specific list of Windows 2008 events. When I search online, maybe I'm using the wrong terms, but all I come up with is the command line: eventcreate, which will not work for my purposes. When using eventcreate, you have to feed it all the data such as event ID and description; I need for the events to be generated just as Windows generates them.

I have a 3rd party application that monitors the event logs and I need to see exactly how it interprets 80+ particular events. Some of them are easy for me to generate such as failed logon, but others I don't know what I need to do to cause the event to occur, such as Event 4690: "A handle to an object has been duplicated."

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of event IDs and the specific steps required to cause the events to occur? Is there any other way to tell Windows to report an event as if it had occurred?

I expect this is kind of a long shot, but I had to at least ask. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions.

Re: Causing specific events in Win 2008

I only know of this but it's for server, there might be some links to prior software that will work ?
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholm...plication.aspx

This looks amazing! Thank you so much. I'll be installing this and trying it out this week.

Once again, PCPer comes through when I thought all hope was lost!

This tool is very powerful, but it does not appear to have any data for Security Event Log events. The source for the events I'm after (at least, the ones I've been able to trigger individually) is: "Microsoft Windows security auditing." I don't see any events at all from that source in the MP Event Analyzer tool. :/