Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will you ever stop playing games?

I've been gaming since I was a kid on an Atari 2600 back in the early 80's and I highly doubt I will quit playing. Had some fun bashing monsters around using my monk in Diablo 3 on my PS3, so much fun bashing monsters to hell and gone. For some reason, I haven't been able to resist Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, which is a part of the C&C Ultimate Collection lately and will be going after more skirmish maps on the internet, love loading up a skirmish map, playing as either the U.S. or Germany and trashing the hell out of the Soviet Union.

Earliest PC games that I recall were the Starflight games, the Bards Tale Games, and SSI Gold Box AD&D Games on various systems, including a Commodore 64 which for it's time was a good system.

no, as a matter of fact, just played about 3 hours of FarCry 3 today.

Where you up to in Far Cry 3 Dave?

I'm somewhere in a base of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. There's dinosaurs with laser beams in here guy.

Scary stuff huh. lulz0rz

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    I've been gaming since I was a kid on an Atari 2600 back in the early 80's and I highly doubt I will quit playing. Had some fun bashing monsters around using my monk in Diablo 3 on my PS3, so much fun bashing monsters to hell and gone. For some reason, I haven't been able to resist Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, which is a part of the C&C Ultimate Collection lately and will be going after more skirmish maps on the internet, love loading up a skirmish map, playing as either the U.S. or Germany and trashing the hell out of the Soviet Union.

Earliest PC games that I recall were the Starflight games, the Bards Tale Games, and SSI Gold Box AD&D Games on various systems, including a Commodore 64 which for it's time was a good system.
    I almost failed one of my classes when I was in college because of C&C. I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing it with my roommate. C&C (imo) literally changed the RTS genre.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_H View Post
    no, as a matter of fact, just played about 3 hours of FarCry 3 today.
    Yeah! Another great game! One of my favorite things to do was getting into any vehicle, ram into the patrols that lingered around the villages, run a few over, then jump out and blast the remaining bad guys with the rocket launcher. Hunting missions where great too...
    Sam

I won't quit willingly.
    Last edited by RatzKlaw; 01-14-2014 at 04:10 PM. Reason: eye kan ingish gramerz

Started my 3rd play through of Skyrim the other day so I'm neck deep in that, plus with mods, makes the game even more fun.

Tell the doctor that we shall entertain the mental patients.

I just discovered this game: http://www.loadout.com/ (kinda reminds me of TF2). Take a look, it's a F2P game, all about customizing weapons, a billion ways! Thoughts? Could be fun, although it's gonna take a lot to pull me away from BF4 now...could be a good "weekend getaway" from the fields though.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    I just discovered this game: http://www.loadout.com/ (kinda reminds me of TF2). Take a look, it's a F2P game, all about customizing weapons, a billion ways! Thoughts? Could be fun, although it's gonna take a lot to pull me away from BF4 now...could be a good "weekend getaway" from the fields though.
    Yeah I saw that @AMDGaming tweet yesterday. Watched the video. Instantly reminded me of TF2. Seems a bit too similar to be honest. The weapon customization and humor reminded me of Borderlands so maybe they were going for a hybrid of those two.

I haven't played TF2 in years (and not a lot even back then) but this reminded me that I have wondered why TF2 never got really popular around here. It seems to still be quite popular in general.

About Loadout, I'll try anything once but you're right about BF4.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games