All the deals for the holidays caused me to buy a 9590

It should be here tomorrow, but I don't know that I will have my cooling solution then (Antec Khuler 950) I did buy the premium ASUS board, a Crosshair V-Z. 16 Gig of Corsair 2133, and the 7970 currently in the computer. I will retire my MSI K9A2 Platinum board, with the X2 6400 and 4 gig of Ram

I got the 9590 from the Egg for $279 something while they were on sale. I think right now it is up to $369, but you get a $100 Newegg gift card. Most people can find that gift card usable, so that lowers the CPU to $269. I missed it. Oh well.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Re: All the deals for the holidays caused me to buy a 9590

That's a pretty good deal, prices have been dropping lately. I used the cooling system that came with my 9590, didn't have any problems installing it on my ASRock 990FX Extreme 9 - everything went smooth, and running great now.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

PandaZ3, how are you liking the 9590? Does it run as hot as it seems like it would? I'm asking because overvolting my 8350 to get it running over 4.5 Ghz drove the load temps uncomfortably high (over 60C as I recall). I settled at around 1.356v and 4.5 Ghz with mid 50C load temps. That's with a Corsiar H60 water cooler.
    Last edited by Lenny; 12-28-2013 at 12:34 AM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I haven't gotten it going! I had put a Coolermaster 1200 W in the thing, it has a new ASUS CH5-Z board, 16 Gig of Corsair 2133, I used the same old Gigabyte 7970 (Though I do have a new Sapphire 290X to take that slot later.). The board powers up but the computer won't. when you push the power button it seems to take for a millisecond and then you have to "Switch off, switch on" to get that to reoccur. I change out the PSU with a New Antec 850. Same story. I'll try the RAM ext I have some more generic Crucial 1333 stuff just to try. I am a little crippled up so I don't move as fast as I should, but I'll keep trying.

Oh and I put a Zalman LQ320 cooler with two fans in it so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by PandaZ3; 12-28-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

I may try an AMD rig, but that has to wait until I get some bills paid, after seeing capabilities of the Playstation 4 since that is basically a PC anyway, even though I like the rig I have now, I just won't be overclocking it, as I don't see any need to overclock anything.

I haven't really tried overclocking much since Socket A machines (Which seemed to invite overclocking) I did a couple of stabs at OC'ing some 939 machines, but since then only feeble attempts to try automatic software. I do have several boards I intend to try it with when I get other things sorted and have more breathing room.

Overclocking is fairly easy these days especially if you have an unlocked processor.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Well the Memory switch did no better for results. I am betting CPU right now and I went and bought a second 9370, If that is the problem I'll have to RMA the 9590 through AMD. it will be a few days be fore I can get back to it. Going to move Mom from my house to Assisted Living and that is a bigger problem for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaZ3 View Post
    Well the Memory switch did no better for results. I am betting CPU right now and I went and bought a second 9370, If that is the problem I'll have to RMA the 9590 through AMD. it will be a few days be fore I can get back to it. Going to move Mom from my house to Assisted Living and that is a bigger problem for now.
    Sorry I'm late. Just got back from vacation...Let us know how things go with your new setup.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Still working on Mom's stuff, but there is a virus at her facility so I'll pause that project and get back to the computer.