Happy New Year!!!

We're going to celebrate tonight with a global warming (snow free) barbeque... New York steaks, baked potatoes, some kind of green stuff, and champagne. I know, boring and traditional... oh well.

My buddy's coming over and we'll tinker with a new triple video card water cooling rig that's in "test stage" for awhile. The main rig has been running for eleven years without a single hiccup and I've been out of the loop of all the new computer stuff, so this has been fun. The stuff that's out there to build a rig with today is simply amazing.

And these new fangled phones... dang!!! It texts what I say, dials if I put it to my ear and grabs my e-mail quicker than sheet. Where have I been?

What are the rest of you doing?

On the flip side, it looks as if BD isn't around anymore, so I've been rather brusk with a member here. Here's the deal. If I ask any of you to do or not do something in a PM and you choose to either not comply or bitch about it in the forum, I'll certainly be a little tolerant, but not as much as before. The luxury of passing a problem off to BD or vice versa simply isn't there right now. I don't like forcing vacations on anyone, but am not willing to get into long back and forth about childish crap either.

Re: Happy New Year!!!

Toss one back for me. Just got off work and the wife is putting a roast in the oven for din-din. Gonna watch the ball drop from my couch and call it a year. Be safe everyone!
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I gave up drinking and partying when I figured out the next day is worse than the night before was good.
    Everyone be safe and have fun being that way. May the next year be even better than the past one.
    Last edited by thewanderer; 12-31-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: getting it right LOL

Hope you have a happy New Year's day- and hoping for a happier year.

http://sgtreport.com/2014/01/still-r...-2014-outlook/
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

I hope everybody had a great time on New Year's Eve and a good time today.

2013 was a very rough year for me and my family I'm glad to see it's in the history books now.

I hope everybody has a happy healthy 2014...

Happy New Year to all here. I hope this year is a lot better for you and your's Tucker. I'm right there with you on the whole 2013 being a rough year thing too.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by juliavasa5 View Post
    It looks as if BD isn't around anymore, so I've been rather brusk with a member here.
    I don't like forcing vacations on anyone, but am not willing to get into long back and forth about childish crap either.

Here's the deal. If I ask any of you to do or not do something in a PM and you choose to either not comply or bitch about it in the forum, I'll certainly be a little tolerant, but not as much as before.
    The luxury of passing a problem off to BD or vice versa simply isn't there right now.
    Who the Hell are you? Why did you post this in a "Happy New Year" thread? WTF are you even talking about?
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

^^^ Our new friend (maybe an old friend) copied and pasted a portion of the first post in the thread.

I didn't realize BD had bailed so long ago.

As a side note, the rig mentioned in that post has been running fantastic... with three thirty inch monitors, three water cooled 670GTX video cards, an eight core AMD water cooled CPU, 32 gigs of memory, an ASUS formula V mainboard and four raptors in RAID 5... and if you remember our struggles with bad internet here in the mountains, a rip-roaring fiber optic connection that flies.

Hog heaven.

Spam-O-Matic has performed the following actions:
    Selected users were banned
    User details were submitted to StopForumSpam
    1 post was soft deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Our new friend (maybe an old friend) copied and pasted a portion of the first post in the thread.

I didn't realize BD had bailed so long ago.

As a side note, the rig mentioned in that post has been running fantastic... with three thirty inch monitors, three water cooled 670GTX video cards, an eight core AMD water cooled CPU, 32 gigs of memory, an ASUS formula V mainboard and four raptors in RAID 5... and if you remember our struggles with bad internet here in the mountains, a rip-roaring fiber optic connection that flies.

Hog heaven.
    Dang you.. I can toss rocks at the Google and Microslop campuses from my front yard and i still cannot get fiber!
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper