Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD help

Re: DVD help

Quote Originally Posted by ZipSnipe View Post
    I tried reburning the disc on two different brands and got nothing. It's weird it works on the laptop and not the desktop. Again the laptop already has windows 7 and the desktop xp64bit.

And of course the guy aka tech I bought it from hasn't returned my calls. I guess I will break down and buy the real deal. It will just kill me if the same thing happens again.
    I had this same type of thing happen to me on a netbook and it turned out to be the memory. I tried over and over to install Windows 7 and it kept stopping. I took out a second stick of memory that I had put in and it loaded fine. The strange part is this netbook had worked perfectly with this extra stick of memory for years running Windows XP. Try installing with only one stick of memory in. Try both sticks too.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Ok got to my buddy's house and tried it on his pc. It would not boot from the dvd. However it would launch from his desktop which is running windows 7.

So it will launch from a windows 7 pc but not xp.

And I give up. I will just purchase a OEM Windows 7. Thanx all for the help
    Give me yesterday, you can have tomorrow !!!

There's something with the disc if a PC won't boot from it. If the Windows 7 disc is a 64 bit disc, it won't run from the XP 32 bit desktop for obvious reasons.

Buying a real licensed copy is the way to go.