Cool Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro Need Installation CD Software & Drv... Pre 2009 XP.sp3

I have lost sound after trying to fix my headphone no sound problem. After installing what I thought was the correct drivers/software from here

http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

Now I have no sound at all all. I tried system restore, but no luck. I probably installed the wrong drivers and software. The outside box shows its getting power but no sound or headphone. I installed this sound card after a fresh install of windows in August 2008 with this SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011.exe and CMS5_PCAPP_5_25_02.exe because I saw it in my program downloads. I also probably had the original install disk. I moved and haven't been able to find my original install disc. After reinstalling these two downloads yesterday I still can't get the Audigy to work. In the Past., The only thing I used from Creative was the Creative Graphic Equalizer Icon on desktop (No mediasource stuff). Now when I click on it I get this "The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will exit. Click on OK Box". I can go in the programs and get into Programs/Creative/Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS/Creative sound Mixer and get this error "Unable to change the sound device to your selected device.". In Device manager I see the Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM). When I go to programs/Creative (Its always highlighted).
    I somehow did get to some THX Setup console Box and its greyed out and I can bullet Digital output or Analog output but nothing happens. There is no Speaker in the Speaker selection box which is empty. When I go to Programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control... I only get WAVE/CD Player/MDI Synth in the Play control box (with SB Audigy 2 ZS Audigy [D880] in the id on the bottom of the play control box). I used to get many more before. In Adobe Audition I do see the Audigy D880 in the device menu/order. So something seems like its right!

I basically need to get the install disk prior to August 2008 (Or one that I know will work). I don't need the mediasource stuff because it wasn't on my computer anyway and some sort of directions. I need this to work because for the time being I still use this computer for everything. In the next month or so I will start to build my first computer and with your help I hope I can do it... In the meantime, I need to get this old Dell Dimension 8200 (upgraded many times over the years) to give me sound again. I know with the proper drivers along with the correct software I can get sound again. I've been digging through move boxes, but so far have not found the original install disk.

Please help someone! Thank you... and Mahalo.

Re: Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro Need Installation CD Software & Drv... Pre 2009 XP.sp3

As far as drivers for XP...

You should do a search for "daniel k" + the model of your sound card.

Before you do the install, I'd recommend removing all instances of creative drivers.