Overclocking with AMD Overdrive

I am using an AMD FX 8320 CPU. I am also using AMD Overdrive moderately overclock from 3.5 to 4.2. However, when I run the stability test, it often stops short due to a memory allocation error- even when I reset to stock settings. Everything seems to be running stable. I ran Unigine Valley benchmark after last overclock and everything was great. Any thoughts?

Re: Overclocking with AMD Overdrive

My 8350 on a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard had a similar problem. It would fail Prime95 at stock speeds. The problem turned out to be that the motherboard was slightly undervolting the RAM. I bumped the RAM voltage just a bit and the problem went away.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Thank you. I'll try that. On a side note, what BIOS settings would you recommend tweaking in conjunction with using AMD Overdrive to overclock.

I'm a fairly simple overclocker. I only mess with the basics like core voltage and of course multiplier.

Here is an overclocking guide if you want to get into the more advanced stuff:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1140459/b...results-coming
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games