View Poll Results: What was your favorite game of ALL of 2013 ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlefield 3

0 0%
  • Battlefield 4

3 33.33%
  • Borderlands 2

2 22.22%
  • Counterstrike: Global Offensive

0 0%
  • Bioshock Infinite

1 11.11%
  • Dino-D-Day

1 11.11%
  • Orion: Dino Horde

0 0%
  • NFS: Hot Pursuit

0 0%
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

1 11.11%
  • OTHER

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Game of the Year 2013

It's time for our 3rd annual Game of the Year poll.

Remember that you get just one vote and are voting for your favorite game of all of 2013 all things considered.

I started with the winners of the monthly polls, added a few of the popular runner-ups and went from there.

Click HERE for a list of past Game of the Month winners.

Any game you played in 2013 is eligible regardless of release date.

If you vote "OTHER" please post which game you are voting for so we can track it here in the first post.

The poll will remain open for at least one week.

Other votes
    1 - World of Warplanes (Warsam71)
    Last edited by Lenny; 01-28-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: Game of the Year 2013

My vote will likely go to BF3 or BF4 but I need to decide which. I think by early 2013 I was getting bored with BF3. I need to try to remember and think on this a bit.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Battlefield 3 came out late in 2011 :O
    \_(ツ)_/
    ZGA Everyday

Going to have to let this one stew for a bit. I think we were still playing borderlands 2 early in 2013, but I was burned out of that by that time. BF3 is too old for me to vote for GOTY even though I still played a lot of it. BF4 makes a case, but was so buggy on release, and while the crashes have stopped, Dice's horrible netcode remains a huge thorn in the game's side. NFS: Hot Pursuit... hmm, we did have a lot of fun playing that, but its just not GOTY material. Chivalry, now there was some good fun. Frustrating as hell at times but just so absurd and funny at others, I just can't remember how much of that got played during the calender year of 2013. definitely a candidate though. Both Dino Blasters games just aren't GOTY candidates. Dino Horde was a terrible game. Dino D-Day was much better, but the MP community was so dead that its tough to even play it, even though it was a lot of fun. The last two options are CS:GO and Bioshock Infinite. CS:GO is good but still not GOTY material for me, but Infinite certainly is. One of the best SP games I played for a while. Gonna add Dishonored because it was also pretty darn good

Short list: BF4, Bioshock Infinite, Chivalry, and Dishonored

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

My vote has to go to Borderlands 2. BF3 was getting ... hmmmm, boring. Maybe frustrating. Especially after EA let everyone with daddy's credit card become instant heroes. You no longer needed to play the game to own everything. BF4 was too late in the year, with too many bugs. The other games on the list (that I played) were merely fill ins and not GOTY.

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Battlefield 3 came out late in 2011 :O
    Yeah but we were still playing it into 2013 although I guess at that point not very much. I don't play many different games but I did play a good amount of Strike Suit Zero and enjoyed it. It's true that BF4 was buggy at release and still is to some extent but in the end it's giving me the most enjoyment even though it didn't arrive until late in the year. I know some of you played a lot of Borderlands 2 so it wouldn't surprise me if that got some votes but I never really got into it.

So my vote is going to Battlefield 4.

Gotta choose between Dino D-Day or Chivalry, mainly because they both made me laugh more than anything else. Potato masher 'nade carrying Compys might edge out the Agatha clan, who's malformed skulls aren't even good enough to be used for pisspots. Plus, I don't want to help push an expensive, buggy as Hell game limping over the finish line.
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 01-25-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Battlefield 4 has a slight 3 to 2 lead over Borderlands 2. It's interesting that in last year's 2012 poll Battlefield 3 narrowly beat out Borderlands 2 by the same 3 to 2.

I would have voted twice if the poll had let me.

As far as I can remember...All of the "regulars" pretty much bailed out on the BF series for most of the year.

We played various stuff throughout the year...though I can't recall what we played the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tlemaste View Post
    I would have voted twice if the poll had let me.
    Do you mean vote for Borderlands 2 twice?

BTW, we switched from multiple to single votes a long time ago by popular demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Do you mean vote for Borderlands 2 twice?

BTW, we switched from multiple to single votes a long time ago by popular demand.
    Obviously, the results have been tampered with. What about the dangling chads? What about the dead people who were already registered to vote? The election was rigged! I demand a recount!

Quote Originally Posted by tlemaste View Post
    Obviously, the results have been tampered with. What about the dangling chads? What about the dead people who were already registered to vote? The election was rigged! I demand a recount!

Relax, the voting isn't even over yet

Decided to vote for Chivalry. I would have voted for bioshock infinite, but I realized that I played it during 2014, thereby eliminating it from my personal eligibility. Chivalry was fun, challenging and fresh. And while it might not be funny when it happens to you, there is just nothing quite as hilarious as watching a noob swinging a warhammer with reckless abandon as he runs into a group of his own teammates just to kill one enemy dude only to end up decapitating 5 members of his own team. I'm laughing just thinking about it now

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Battlefield 4 has a narrow lead.

I've extended the poll ONE MORE DAY so please vote if you haven't already.

After we close this out I will put up the January GOTM poll.