AMD FX-8320 $99.99 at Micro Center.

This deal is only helpful for people lucky enough to live near a Micro Center as it's in store only. However, $99.99 is a GREAT price for an FX-8320 as Newegg is still charging $159.99 and Amazon currently has it for $155.59.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...oxed_Processor
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Re: AMD FX-8320 $99.99 at Micro Center.

The cpu price has been raised to $129.99 now, but if you buy this in a combo with a motherboard, it's actually cheaper than it used to be. For instance, the FX-8320 combined with an MSI 970A-G43 mobo totals $150 after $10 rebate.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

MC closed shop in my area.. I used to buy a lot of CPU's & MOBO's there. Are you by chance close to one of their stores?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    MC closed shop in my area.. I used to buy a lot of CPU's & MOBO's there. Are you by chance close to one of their stores?
    They closed by you? I was under the impression that Micro Center was doing very well. As far as by me, the only MC in Colorado is of course in Denver, which is about an hour's drive for me. I don't make a special trip up there just for it, but if I know I'll be in the area I always make sure I check if there's anything computer wise I need so I can make a stop there. I love that place. It's not been remodeled since Reagan was in office, but it's stocked to the gills with everything I need and nothing I don't. I actually like it better than Fry's, which we don't have here in Colorado. The last time I was there on a Sunday it was so busy I had to wait in line for over 20 minutes, and all registers were open.

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    They closed by you? I was under the impression that Micro Center was doing very well. As far as by me, the only MC in Colorado is of course in Denver, which is about an hour's drive for me. I don't make a special trip up there just for it, but if I know I'll be in the area I always make sure I check if there's anything computer wise I need so I can make a stop there. I love that place. It's not been remodeled since Reagan was in office, but it's stocked to the gills with everything I need and nothing I don't. I actually like it better than Fry's, which we don't have here in Colorado. The last time I was there on a Sunday it was so busy I had to wait in line for over 20 minutes, and all registers were open.
    Note- California store. Reasons why businesses move out and on is that they can no longer afford it:

http://www.microcenter.com/site/stor...lara.aspx?rd=1
    Dear Valued Santa Clara Customer:

The staff of Santa Clara Micro Center and our entire company appreciates having you as a Customer, and we sincerely thank you for your ongoing business.

It is therefore very difficult to announce that our Santa Clara store closed for normal business on Monday, July 23rd. We are very disappointed with the unsuccessful attempts to negotiate an economically viable extension of our store lease, and we deeply regret not being able to fully serve you going forward.
    They say they are still financially OK, but it's becoming financial suicide to stay in California AFAICT.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Note- California store. Reasons why businesses move out and on is that they can no longer afford it:

http://www.microcenter.com/site/stor...lara.aspx?rd=1

They say they are still financially OK, but it's becoming financial suicide to stay in California AFAICT.
    I read that when they closed.. actually got an email from them as I've been shopping there for years. I do not doubt they are financially stable, but the explanation they gave simply does not wash. There is so much available retail space available here it's not funny. They should have been able to locate e new home in the area quite easily IMHO. Either way they are here no more... and it sucks.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Gosh, that's sad. I remember when the Santa Clara store opened, if I'm not mistaking I think it was 2000 or 2001. I liked that store, lots of hardware/brands to choose from and great bundle deals too. I think being 20mins away from two Frys stores could have also impacted their business.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

I have a MC about 40 mins away in NJ. Great place to buy CPU's in fact the only place I do, however my visits to CA and Fry's and online checks suggest general stuff is cheaper in other locations.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home