AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Hello everyone, gamers

Just in case you’ve missed it, I wanted to share with you the link to a blog that our friends at Eidos Montreal have just released about Thief. Here is the link: http://community.eidosmontreal.com/b...ts?theme=thief

The blog provides details on the numerous PC-specific features of the game, the system requirements, as well as the work that AMD and Eidos are doing to ensure the game delivers the best and fastest gaming experience for AMD Radeon customers; and that are working together on a patch that will feature the Mantle API and TrueAudio technologies. This patch will be out in March.

Thief will feature AMD CrossFire and AMD Eyefinity technologies at launch; the game ships on February 25th in North America and February 28th in Europe.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved: Thief exclusive PC features

Too bad it won't ship with those features ready to roll, but better late than never. Glad to hear that TrueAudio is making an appearance, its an interesting addition that I wasn't sure would get much traction. Too bad I can't take advantage with my 7970's

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I had high hopes for Thief 4 as Thief 1 and 2 are just about the best pc games I've ever played. All that came crashing down after reading this review though. Ouch.

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I had high hopes for Thief 4 as Thief 1 and 2 are just about the best pc games I've ever played. All that came crashing down after reading this review though. Ouch.

http://kotaku.com/thief-the-kotaku-review-1529393950
    hmm, thanks for sharing...I haven't had the chance to play it yet, I'll probably do so this Sunday. I'll share my thought thereafter
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Just got done playing through the first chapter. I'm not anywhere near as critical as reviewers tend to be but it really reminds me of the original, and I'm actually excited to play the rest of the game.

I also did the benchmark:

MIN FPS: 45.9
    MAX FPS: 98.5
    AVG FPS: 75.0

That is with my 4770K clocked at 4.2, my RAM @ 1866, and my 290x @ 1050 gpu 1350 vram running the Very High preset on 1920x1080 @ 120Hz (strobelight)

Also on 13.12 WHQL drivers. I may try the 14.2 betas, but not until I put my Win8 image back on.