Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: New members - Let's talk gaming

IamApropos streamed our gaming night tonight on his hitbox.tv channel. It was a lot of fun!! Be sure to check out his channel. He has a schedule of streaming events that he broadcasts. Good stuff.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Sending a shout out welcome to some of our newest members. Stop in and say HI What have you been up to lately? What games have been stealing all of your time?

If i missed anyone please let me know.

GentlemanGames
    MrsWickdKittie
    TheRealBigowl
    AbundantCores
    DreadShot
    OLDIRTYPRIEST
    Dr4d1s
    Spazster
    Last edited by Lenny; 04-06-2014 at 06:23 PM.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Red face Re: New members - Let's talk gaming

Thanks for the welcome message Been sick lately, but will be getting back to Tristam tomorrow (still on Act IV =/).

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Sending a shout out welcome to some of our newest members. Stop in and say HI What have you been up to lately? What games have been stealing all of your time?

If i missed anyone please let me know.

GentlemanGames
    MrsWickdKittie
    TheRealBigowl
    AbundantCores
    DreadShot
    OLDIRTYPRIEST
    Dr4d1s
    Spazster
    "I am what I am..."

Hello!

Been playing a bit of BF4 and just hopped back into KSP last night to play with the new update that it had. It's pretty exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsWickdKittie View Post
    Thanks for the welcome message Been sick lately, but will be getting back to Tristam tomorrow (still on Act IV =/).
    At our next Virtual LAN party (hint-looking like May 3) I'd like to see if there are enough players to split off and do some dungeon crawling in Diablo III or something else. I know some are interesting in playing Torchlight II.

Thank you for the welcome message and you guys are amazing, Im working on LOCKDOWN gaming rig soon and I will be playing awesome games.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigowl View Post
    Thank you for the welcome message and you guys are amazing, Im working on LOCKDOWN gaming rig soon and I will be playing awesome games.
    What parts have you finalized? I think you said FX-8350 and I'm hoping our recent twitter conversation has convinced you on the 280x (or 290 if you can afford it).

What parts have you finalized? I think you said FX-8350 and I'm hoping our recent twitter conversation has convinced you on the 280x (or 290 if you can afford it).
    Im going the R9 280X But here is my specs.-Future gaming pc-

CPU- AMD FX 8320

CPU Cooling - Hyper 212 evo [Thank you kelleytech]

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 120GB for OS

HDD- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

GPU- Radeon R9 280X 3GB

Case- Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigowl View Post
    Im going the R9 280X But here is my specs.-Future gaming pc-

CPU- AMD FX 8320

CPU Cooling - Hyper 212 evo [Thank you kelleytech]

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Ram- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

SSD- Samsung 840 EVO 120GB for OS

HDD- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

GPU- Radeon R9 280X 3GB

Case- Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout
    Looks like it's coming together nicely !

Looks like it's coming together nicely !
    But looking at psu now and looking at 600w maybe.

Red face Re: New members - Let's talk gaming

Sounds, cool. Keep me updated. I'll try to log in at least a couple of times a week

At our next Virtual LAN party (hint-looking like May 3) I'd like to see if there are enough players to split off and do some dungeon crawling in Diablo III or something else. I know some are interesting in playing Torchlight II.
    "I am what I am..."

Everyone, please take a minute and vote in our March Game of the Month poll. Thanks!

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...nth-March-2014

Hey folks. My name is Ian.

Grab a chair and get comfy, this might take a while as I'm notorious for posting a lot at once, but not often.

I'm here because of Warsam71, so if you have an issue...take it up with him Seriously though, I did make my first appearance at the Vlan party back in march. I also won a sweet A10-7850K kit that night! The kit is currently installed and running as a HTPC since I've decided to kick DISH and just stream and do movies. I'll have a video of that build coming up shortly, thanking PcPer & Fragging Frogs & AMD.
    I'm not much of FPS guy, mmorpg or anything like that. I'm a racer through and through. I race every night I can ( when my wife allows) and I run a dedicated Nascar style series every Tuesday night, on the PC, using a mod for rFactor called VHR. What's kept me coming back here every week (Friday or sat usually) is the way the Fragging Frogs play. It's very much like my own series. Competitive, but yet fun first is the objective. And that I am finding here, as I hone my skills from noob, to just someone who can't shoot worth a damn
    I do enjoy some RTS games, mostly limited to C&C though. I do Tycoon type games. I've always either got Railroad Tycoon 3 or Tropico going on a comp somewhere in the house. You'll read more about that later on (If you've hang around that is). Battlefield is something new and foreign to me and to be very honest if it wasn't for Sam & Lenny and the rest of the Fragging Frogs, I'd have lost interest in it after the campaign. So kudos to all of you And ty.
    I mentioned "a comp somewhere in the house"...we'll I'm a bit of tech hoarder and a serious data one. 30+ TB of crap I just can't bring myself to delete. stored over numerous Seagate hard drives and um ya, numerous computers. 5 just in my main office alone , 2 out in the garage , HTPC in living room and a laptop in bedroom , plus tablets, phones etc... Some of it dating back to an early Single core AMD Socket 754 with an AGP 850XT to my current FX-8350 Rig. Also at any given point, there's something cued up for editing on Sony Vegas Pro for my YouTube Channel.
    Still here? Damn I'm impressed! (insert raised eyebrow and clap) How much I'll participate on the forums depends on how much I need a break/distraction from editing. Like I mentioned, may not be often and prolly lengthy. If there's something I should see ( like this thread) be sure to tweet me the link @torn_tv (thanks Lenny for this one) and I'll pop over to look at it. Otherwise I may miss it and would hate to if it important. As you'll know by now, I'll RT the hell out whatever you guys post as well.
    Lets see...I also do custom body & paint (no I'm no horny mike or anything like that, I'm not great with an airbrush) but I do show quality work, regardless what it is. If it can be painted, I've got you covered. Speaking of covered with sticky stuff,( well paint is for a while ) we also run a vinyl decal business out of our house. We concentrate primarily on old school cut vinyl at the moment and decal restoration. We are getting a printer/cutter in the near future for the lazy way of doing a sticker.
    Ok so now if your still here after all that, well damn...we might just get along after all I'm not going to list every comp I have, there are just too many, but some key processors still in use are...
    Socket 754
    socket 939 4200x2
    A10's 6800K & 2 7850K's
    1100t
    FX8350

Due to the nature of my choice of gaming , sim racers generally prefer Nvidia cards. I race with a great group of guys and have gotten many of their hand me downs as donations, since they know my money goes into processors , software and graphical overlays oh and well duh ..hard drives. I do currently "game" with a 4 GB Gigabyte 670 and other machine hosts a GTX560 and I'm actually selling off a GTX480. Time to get the rest of my system(s) totally Red.

Well that it for now, hope I completed the request satisfactorily and remember...around me, be careful what you ask for. You might just get a lot more then you anticipated

Til next time...Keep racing

Ian, AKA Spazster, Spazterian , tORN TV

Ian, thanks for the very thorough bio. It's obvious now that you without a doubt find that twitter 140 char limit ... too limiting

If you are every really bored you can go to our FF Sig Thread and detail you rigs. I find it a very useful way to keep track of what's inside mine. Here is mine just for example:
    http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...71#post1852571

LMAO Lenny, ya well there is an issue with those limited characters..lol I will update that stuff over the weekend when I've got some time Thanks.