Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: New members - Let's talk gaming

If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

East Stroudsburg, PA (The Pocono Mountains)

Hey Lenny, hey all!

I've been watching the podcasts for years, and only recently began using the website, finally registered today. I think mostly because, well, I used to love forums, but so many could get immature and frustrating, most recently LinusTechTips, great guy, but the forum is incredibly young, couldn't hang around there. However, this place seems very mature and informative, so I'm gonna give it a try Have been around as a guest just browsing for like a month, I figure it's time to join. I don't even use Steam forums anymore, for mostly the same reasons. At this point the only forums I frequent are for simulators I use (FSX and LiveForSpeed) and now here. Look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the mature atmosphere. This forum seems very nice and exactly what I've been holding out for. Perhaps I'm a bit too picky, but just didn't want to invest time in some, other places, where I didn't think I'd fit in.

So, I did have one quick question that piqued my curiosity. This new 337.50 Beta driver from Nvidia that's stirring up a lot of discussion on the net. Nvidia has said they've optimized their driver for DX11, however, Skyrim is listed as having been optimized, and my own tests suggest a very nice improvement. I ran some benchmarks ahead of installing this driver, and it really does help quite a lot, and this is where my question comes in; Skyrim is DX9, and is probably the best example I've seen personally, of severe Cpu overhead/bottlenecking (single threaded performance is still a bit 'meh' on my FX8350, as we all know) and it seems largely fixed, mods on, and off. Does this mean they're addressing overhead issues in AAA titles beyond DX11, and perhaps we can look forward to some of our DX9 games getting better? I've looked around a bit but haven't found anything useful to suggest what their game plan is exactly. Thanks for any input!
    i7 5820k 4.2Ghz | 32GB DDR4 2400 XMP | MSI X99A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 980 | Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB | 256GB Sanforce SSD | Toshiba 3TB HDD | Rosewill Stryker M | Corsair H55 | Noctua 120mm x2 | LG 25" Ultrawide IPS 60hz

Quote Originally Posted by Abakan View Post
    Hey Lenny, hey all!

I've been watching the podcasts for years, and only recently began using the website, finally registered today. I think mostly because, well, I used to love forums, but so many could get immature and frustrating, most recently LinusTechTips, great guy, but the forum is incredibly young, couldn't hang around there. However, this place seems very mature and informative, so I'm gonna give it a try Have been around as a guest just browsing for like a month, I figure it's time to join. I don't even use Steam forums anymore, for mostly the same reasons. At this point the only forums I frequent are for simulators I use (FSX and LiveForSpeed) and now here. Look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the mature atmosphere. This forum seems very nice and exactly what I've been holding out for. Perhaps I'm a bit too picky, but just didn't want to invest time in some, other places, where I didn't think I'd fit in.

So, I did have one quick question that piqued my curiosity. This new 337.50 Beta driver from Nvidia that's stirring up a lot of discussion on the net. Nvidia has said they've optimized their driver for DX11, however, Skyrim is listed as having been optimized, and my own tests suggest a very nice improvement. I ran some benchmarks ahead of installing this driver, and it really does help quite a lot, and this is where my question comes in; Skyrim is DX9, and is probably the best example I've seen personally, of severe Cpu overhead/bottlenecking (single threaded performance is still a bit 'meh' on my FX8350, as we all know) and it seems largely fixed, mods on, and off. Does this mean they're addressing overhead issues in AAA titles beyond DX11, and perhaps we can look forward to some of our DX9 games getting better? I've looked around a bit but haven't found anything useful to suggest what their game plan is exactly. Thanks for any input!
    Release 337 drivers help DX9 games also. DirectX 11 games will see the biggest benefit in performance however.
    NVIDIA Forums Representative. Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

I've been working on making an ACE Wasteland Mission for ArmA II. Been making great progress. Just a few hiccups here and there to fix. Also been playing with SteamOS. Seems very stable and contrary to popular belief, IT IS A LINUX OS. Many seem to believe it is just Steam Big Picture. It actually includes a Full fledged Linux Distro. Not in the sense of all the software most distros have but in the sense that you can install ANY Linux software you want. You can leave the Big Picture mode and go to a minimal gnome desktop in Debian 7.4 x64. Very good and stable OS. I am looking forward to the official release and the hopeful ability to easily Dual boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelG View Post
    Release 337 drivers help DX9 games also. DirectX 11 games will see the biggest benefit in performance however.
    Manuel, How about them Linux Gaming drivers for Graphics cards? I currently rock AMD but if the driver wars continue to go into Nvidia's favor, I may just return to the Nvidia fold.

Quote Originally Posted by KRDucky View Post
    Manuel, How about them Linux Gaming drivers for Graphics cards? I currently rock AMD but if the driver wars continue to go into Nvidia's favor, I may just return to the Nvidia fold.
    We've taken major steps to reduce overhead in OpenGL. I used to be roommates with a couple of guys from the OpenGL team and from conversations with them, I can tell you they are an amazing team who are very passionate about the work they do on the Linux side. Very proud of our Linux software team.
    NVIDIA Forums Representative. Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

Hello my peeps,

My name is Daniel or iwalkwithedead. I am kind of new here but not to computers or technology ... alright, I'm still new to computers but not a noob. I learn what I want to learn and I don't buy into the hype of others knowledge, even the ones that are very knowledgeable. I don't care about Intel.vs.AMD or AMD.vs.Nvidia, it truly does not matter to me, although AMD seems to care more about their fans than the others; just saying.

I have will never have use for Triple GPU setups nor do I see the point. I find it absurd for some reason but that is just me and I still respect others decisions with their own builds and money. I have become obsessed with SFF builds! I don't like wasting space so SFF for me is just perfection.

Anyways, enough random ramblings from me. You can find me on twitter, facebook, overclock.net and sometimes even linustechtips forums. I am trying to be more relevant here as well. I will post my builds and such sometime soon, for now you can go here to see my current build.

This probably wasn't a very good introduction from myself, I guess you will just have to see how awesome I am as time counts down.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest official members of the Fragging Frogs:

Dreamy
    iamApropos
    iwalkwithedead
    sunderian
    TheRealBigowl
    V3Stream

Let's give them a nice welcome!

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Welcome tadpoles!
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest official members of the Fragging Frogs:

Dreamy
    iamApropos
    iwalkwithedead
    sunderian
    TheRealBigowl
    V3Stream

This is an honor thank you for welcoming me into the Fragging Frogs!
    The name is I am apropos (aprəˈpō) ~ Gaming Computer Build Consultant, live streamer on twitch, Youtuber, Gamer, and an amateur chef.
    AMD Advocate part of Red Team+
    ~ Now That's What's Up!!! ~

Quote Originally Posted by iamApropos View Post
    This is an honor thank you for welcoming me into the Fragging Frogs!
    Yes, what he said. With an added just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming tadpoles, big things lurk around here.

What’s your name?
    My real name is Alex, but my nickname is Bigowl.

About Me?
    I have a passion for all things Computer Tech, Gaming Rocks and whatever is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

Dreamy
    iamApropos
    iwalkwithedead
    sunderian
    TheRealBigowl
    V3Stream

Fragging Frogs and pcper community is wonderful to hang out also I'm very grateful to be part of Fragging Frogs.

This is such a great community!! I am honored to be a frog and hang out with some of the smartest and most awesome people on the interwebs.

GAME ON TECH

Cool Re: New members - Let's talk gaming

wooo!

a little things about me:
    Name:
    Billie
    what I do:
    automotive service tech
    where do I live?
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Streaming setup?
    Mic: Audio technica at2500
    Cam: Logitech C920
    Internet speed: