AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta driver out now

Hello everyone,

We’ve released the Catalyst 14.2 Beta driver today to coincide with the North American launch of Thief, the newest addition to our Gaming Evolved program. You can download the beta driver from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...dows-beta.aspx

AMD Radeon customers will have support for the following: 4K gaming, AMD Eyefinity and AMD CrossFire technologies; and everyone will benefit from the following graphical effects:

• Silhouette-enhancing tessellation to improve character geometry
    • Compute shader-accelerated depth of field for realistic focal lengths
    • Complex shadowing systems to support Thief’s dependence on shadows as a core gameplay mechanic

Please refer to the driver page, the Features Highlights of the driver, for more information. We are also in the process of updating the known issues page (www.amd.com/mantleknownissues) to reflect the changes in the Mantle component of this driver. And here is the link to the Issue Reporting Form: http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B1A

Friendly reminder: the Mantle and TrueAudio patch for Thief will be available next month.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Re: AMD Catalyst 14.2 Beta driver out now

So if I'm reading this correctly Crossfire should be functional now in BF4 but we are still waiting for Mantle optimizations for cards like the HD 7000 series and 280x ?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Thanks for the update Sam!

Do I really need to download the beta driver to play Thief? I am back running 13.12 WHQL because I had some issues with 14.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    So if I'm reading this correctly Crossfire should be functional now in BF4 but we are still waiting for Mantle optimizations for cards like the HD 7000 series and 280x ?
    @CatalystMaker can we PLEASE have some verification as to whether or not Cat 14.2 has HD 7XXX mantle optimisations?
    It does not. HD7xxx optimisations will be coming in the next driver 2-4 weeks from now.
    https://twitter.com/TheMattB81/statu...72517927305216
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Crossfire ifs functional, just not in Mantle

Used this as an excuse to update my driver. Almost double the FPS in BF4 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RatzKlaw View Post
    Used this as an excuse to update my driver. Almost double the FPS in BF4 lol.
    What driver were you running before? I was running 14.1 but went back to 13.12 because of a problem (turned out not to be the driver) and then installed 14.2 after release. Unscientific results but my frame rate seems to have dropped. amd5150 reported the same. Might be something entirely unrelated to the driver. Difficult to tell. More testing required for sure.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

What driver were you running before? I was running 14.1 but went back to 13.12 because of a problem (turned out not to be the driver) and then installed 14.2 after release. Unscientific results but my frame rate seems to have dropped. amd5150 reported the same. Might be something entirely unrelated to the driver. Difficult to tell. More testing required for sure.
    I was running 13.8 (I think) mainly because its a pain to update drivers, my machine has some issues with updating CCC, so I had to find the instructions on how to update my driver.
    I will check my disk later and see if I can find the installer for my old driver, I'll let you know once I find it.

I found it, it was 13.8 beta 2

^^ Ok so you were a few versions back

^^ Ok so you were a few versions back
    Yep! It's nice not having the outdated drivers window pop up every time i join a server now!

Hello everyone,

We have updated the Mantle Known Issues page: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...wn-Issues.aspx

It includes information on performance increases for the HD7000, R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs:

"Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4™ and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them."
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative