Need driver for Iomega Zip drive xp 64bit

Ok here is what I need a driver for Iomega Zip 250 parallel drive for xp 64. I have scoured the net to no avail. Iomega's site turns into Lenevo and they no longer support the device.

Fortunately if I can't get a driver for the drive I can put it in my Roland sampler and buy an usb zip drive
    Give me yesterday, you can have tomorrow !!!

Re: Need driver for Iomega Zip drive xp 64bit

there may be some info here.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=640299

The only thing you would need the Iomega software for would be if you were using the external drive that connects via SCSI->Parallel adapter (and last time I checked (years ago), even that one had a driver included in XP). For the internal IDE version, additional drivers are not necessary. It should just work after it is plugged in, and be visible in My Computer as a removable disk drive.
    ud

Thanx UD,

that is the exact same situation I am in, I am using this for a sampler and I am sure me and the original OP of that thread have the same sampler(RolandSP808). However my zip drive doesn't show up at all. It does show up in my bios. But now I know I am not looking for a driver. Now its just a matter of getting XP64 bit to see the drive

Ok success kinda .. So the zip drive I got has no jumper which means its in slave mode. So I placed a jumper on cable select and waalaa the drive shows up but there is the "Found New Hardware loop". I can't get it to go away. But the good news is I can still see the drive and transfer the wav files to my desktop which is what I needed. I won't need to do this all the time maybe every two weeks or so. I can live with the annoying "Found New Hardware loop". What is even kooler is the sp808 coverter app works fine, I am able to play the sounds just as if they were on the sampler.

Thanx again UD as always Master you have steered me in the right direction!!!

your welcome

this kind of thing brings back good memories of fun times long past.

my first pc was a ibm 200mhz with cd and floppy multimedia center that fit under the monitor run off a riser card. that freed up a ide connection. over time i was running 3 hds, iomega cd burner, 2 zip 100s daisy chained off the parallel port and a 1gig jazz drive running off a scsi card. so when i built my first pc, i knew i need plenty of ide connections.

glad i could point you in the right direction.

also, can't you let windows decide there isn't a driver available so it will stop looking each time you boot up?

ud
    Last edited by uddarts; 03-02-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Well it is not all successful. While I can see the drive and play the wav files off it, it won't let me transfer the file. So new challenge. Yes I would love to tell xp that the drive doesn't need a driver but I don't know how to tell it that. This may be the reason I can't do the file transfer so I will try to get it to stop asking for a driver.

if i'm picturing correctly what your saying, allow it to search for driver. when it says it can't find one, click ok. that should shut it up.

ud

And then it pops again saying it found new hardware(yeah it won't shut up). Also in the device manager it creates a disk drive and a storage device. If I enable them I can see the drive and play the wav files off it but cannot transfer, says disk is full. The zip drive is also FAT32. What sucks is Iomega created a xp64 bit driver for their zip drives I can't find it anywhere. I was actually shocked to find that it is no where to be found.

uumm I think my best bet is to maybe load xp 32 bit on my back up pc and maybe try the zip drive with that, maybe even load 98 as the wav transfer program is for 98. I was hoping to do it all on one pc but at last this might not be doable :-(

SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY

OK after messing around trying to name different folders it dawns on me that the converter program thinks the disk is full so I put a usb drive in and tried saving the converted file to that and it worked, all is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also I am able to write to the zip drive no problem but to save from disk I had to save it to my thumb drive which is fine as long as I can get the wav samples moved around thats all that matters.