Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    After considerable thought and reviewing all the evidence (speculative bullsh*t) I have come to the inescapable conclusion that Flight 370 came to rest a few yards from Amelia Erhart's Lockheed Electra.
    Just what I thought. It's hiding in plain sight that's why they can't find it.

Ping... Ping.. Ping...

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    There are twelve of them:

Nope, there are precisely zero of them.

I'm not sure if you are being serious, so...

Let's start with the fact the thing that links these so-called mysterious areas is the high amount of traffic passing through, which increases the odds that some will disappear. Let's add the fact that many are prone to bad weather. Let's ignore Afghanistan because that's just stupid. It's only there so some-one can do a pretty pattern.

Those cover the cases where things have actually disappeared. Something which is actually pretty common: over a hundred ships a year sink, and many of those go down without trace. Because the ocean is huge. You need a globe to see it properly, not an atlas. Look at the Pacific: it's about half the surface area of the Earth. The land only occupies half of what is left after that.

But most of all, many of those stories about such things are distorted, lied about, or just plain made up. At least one so-called "Bermuda Triangle" disappearance actually happened far away. Another didn't actually sink at all.

Of course if that post wasn't serious....

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post

People in general like the idea of super natural schtick.

The same amount of people that elect presidents believe UFOs could be a sign of extraterrestrial visitation.

Maybe if we ran tucker on the UFO party...

^^^. I'm available and I have plenty of time to shake hands and kiss babies. Given the chance I could be just as f*cked up as Obambi.

Judging from the results of the last two elections a majority of the American people like the idea of a screwed up president. All I need to do is act more screwed up than the Hildabeast. I have a pen, phone, desk top, lap top and a tablet. I'm over qualified. Add in that UFO intrigue and I'm a sure winner.
    Last edited by tucker; 04-09-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^^. I'm available and I have plenty of time to shake hands and kiss babies. Given the chance I could be just as f*cked up as Obambi.

Judging from the results of the last two elections a majority of the American people like the idea of a screwed up president. All I need to do is act more screwed up than the Hildabeast. I have a pen, phone, desk top, lap top and a tablet. I'm over qualified. Add in that UFO intrigue and I'm a sure winner.
    But as screwed up as this seems, we need people more like you in there. If history holds true, there is no hell like the miserable hole politicians will take us down and politicians were not what our government was supposed to be about. It was something about "of, by and for". I propose we put ourselves in their place and them in ours. If that would happen I have odds that they would be telemarketing from prison within a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04...h-to-recovery/
    The team of international investigators hunting for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 has "unquestionably" located the missing jetliner and could soon have high resolution images of the wreck site, an expert in deep sea recoveries of ships and planes told FoxNews.com.

There is virtually no chance that the pings picked up by ships towing sophisticated listening devices could be anything other than signals emitted by the plane's flight data recorder, or "black box," David Mearns, of Blue Water Recoveries, a United Kingdom-based company that holds the Guinness World Record for the deepest ocean recovery and has assisted searches for sunken planes.
    We shall see.
    Last edited by Skennar; 04-10-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Now that I know where not to go do you have suggestions for that ideal vacation spot? One of those once in a lifetime places.

My travel agent is unpredictable and unreliable. The last time I found myself in the middle of Death Valley without any water.
    Why not go to one or two of these places and wind up only God knows where or even when. LOL

Nope, there are precisely zero of them.

I'm not sure if you are being serious, so...

Let's start with the fact the thing that links these so-called mysterious areas is the high amount of traffic passing through, which increases the odds that some will disappear. Let's add the fact that many are prone to bad weather. Let's ignore Afghanistan because that's just stupid. It's only there so some-one can do a pretty pattern.

Those cover the cases where things have actually disappeared. Something which is actually pretty common: over a hundred ships a year sink, and many of those go down without trace. Because the ocean is huge. You need a globe to see it properly, not an atlas. Look at the Pacific: it's about half the surface area of the Earth. The land only occupies half of what is left after that.

But most of all, many of those stories about such things are distorted, lied about, or just plain made up. At least one so-called "Bermuda Triangle" disappearance actually happened far away. Another didn't actually sink at all.

Have you by any chance ever been to the Bermuda Triangle? I have, many times while in transit. Only one time did anything unusual happen and that was the ocean itself. It was as flat and smooth as the top of your desk, no ripples, no waves, no swells, nothing. As smooth as glass as far as our eyes, with very good binoculars, could see. Does that prove anything? No, but it is better than an opinion without experience.

So you've seen an ocean calm. They are common, especially near the tropics (look up "doldrums"). On what way does that make you an expert and me ignorant about ship and aircraft disappearances?

I see similarities between the disappearance of flight 370 and the forums participation did everyone get abducted by ufo's? lol

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/world/...irlines-plane/
    With no underwater pulses detected in almost a week, Australian authorities said Monday they will stop listening for pings coming from the floor of the Indian Ocean -- and will now deploy an underwater vehicle.

"We haven't had a single detection in six days," Australian chief search coordinator Angus Houston said. "It's time to go underwater."

The Bluefin-21 vehicle was expected to be deployed around 5 p.m. Perth time (5 a.m. ET) Monday, the U.S. Navy said. The device is owned by the U.S. Navy.
    -
    Each deployment will last 24 hours.

It will take two hours for the Bluefin-21 to get down to the bottom of the search area. Then it will scour the ocean bed for 16 hours, and take another two hours to resurface. It will take take another four hours to download and analyze the data collected, Houston said.

The first mission will cover an area 5 kilometers by 8 kilometers (3.1 miles by 4.9 miles).

The bottom of the search area is not sharply mountainous -- it's more flat and almost rolling, Houston said. But he said the area likely has a lot of silt on the bottom, which can "complicate" the search.
    I think if they find nothing in a week this thread has little more to discuss.

Hmmm... Ping, ping, ping...

So you've seen an ocean calm. They are common, especially near the tropics (look up "doldrums"). On what way does that make you an expert and me ignorant about ship and aircraft disappearances?
    What? You can't talk in jest about anything, you have to put words in my post? I didn't claim to be an expert or call you ignorant. I do think you are a fool, but that is another line of disagreement.

Submersible Makes Third Attempt to Find Malaysia Airlines 370

blooop blooop blooop
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump maverick

It's now very clear 370 was captured by a UFO with a big net. The airplane and the passengers are now being held captive on the distant planet of Obamastan.

It's all a far-left plot designed to confuse and create another conspiracy theory blaming the Tea Party and conservatives for the disappearance.

Cliven Bundy is the primary suspect according to Senator Harry Reid...

It's now very clear 370 was captured by a UFO with a big net. The airplane and the passengers are now being held captive on the distant planet of Obamastan.

It's all a far-left plot designed to confuse and create another conspiracy theory blaming the Tea Party and conservatives for the disappearance.

Cliven Bundy is the primary suspect according to Senator Harry Reid...
    The title of this story will be?

Yeah-if I understand it right, you start with the area of highest probability and work outward. The longer this goes ....

At this point, one has to wonder if some SOB didn't drop a noisemaker....