Trying get sampler to work as removable storage device via system restore?

Ok I know its a long shot, as you would need the sampler I have to understand what I am trying to do but here we go.

So I have a Roland sp606 sampler(it records sounds and you can mangle them and play it back) it uses a compact flashcard for storage. My pc has XP 64bit, at one time I got machines working and I could see the sp606 as a removable drive on my computer. Later on I updated some video drivers and messed up the install and had to do a system restore. Now neither machine will talk to each other. When I plug the usb it recognizes the sp606 but I am unable to get the drivers to load, says not compatible with my machine. I have tried 4 different drivers and none worked.

I should note that there are no drivers for xp64bit.

Now I am thinking what I did before was that I found a driver for the compact flash reader in the machine but I am not sure and I do not know the name of the manufacturer of the compact flash reader, the machine is Roland but when I try to install the drivers Roland doesn't appear in the models list of the found new hardware dialogue.

Do you think if I am able to do a system restore back to the date that I had it working will it work? Also do I lose any data that I have saved if I do system restore to a previous state?
    Give me yesterday, you can have tomorrow !!!

Re: Trying get sampler to work as removable storage device via system restore?

maybe there's something here.

SP-606 and windows 64 bit WORKING

ud

Re: Trying get sampler to work as removable storage device via system restore?

Thanx Uddart, I finally got it, it was sooo simple I just wanna slap myself. On the sampler itself it has page for switching it to a usb mass storage device.
    Give me yesterday, you can have tomorrow !!!