Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver, Vsync fix, and Thief patch featuring Mantle/TrueAudio

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    This page clarifies for which GPUs the 14.3 driver is optimized for.

Known issues list for AMD Catalyst™ 14.3
    Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases.
    So when is "the future"?
    When can we see release notes stating "Mantle optimized for 7xxx cards?
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

Re: Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver, Vsync fix, and Thief patch featuring Mantle/TrueAudio

Quote Originally Posted by IAmGhostDog View Post
    So when is "the future"?
    When can we see release notes stating "Mantle optimized for 7xxx cards?
    I don't think you'll get an answer for that other than "future" BUT as I've said earlier even without the GPU specific optimizations you might still see a nice improvement by using the 14.3 driver and selecting Mantle in the BF4 video settings. Mantle works well with "slower" CPUs like the Phenom II. I saw a 25% increase from Mantle in BF4 (Ultra settings) at 1080p on a Phenom II X6 3.4 Ghz with 7970 GPU.

P.S. I quoted "slower" in reference to the Phenom II because it's slower than the latest FX CPUs but I wanted to clarify that I still think it's still a plenty fast CPU. Buu can play BF4 at 1080p Ultra using DirectX on his Phenom II X6 at 3.4. Mantle gives a very nice performance bump for him.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I'm now on a mission to get GhostDog to upgrade to 14.3 and try Mantle
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games