Dell Inspiron battery help.

Hey guys I recently got a notification on my laptop "Fully charged(100%) Consider replacing your battery". It runs fine plugged in however the battery doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. I'm leaning towards replacing the battery since they do have a useful life.
    I did alot of google searching but come up with all kinds of different answers.
    Has anyone here had this issue and been able to resolve it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete
    Pete

Re: Dell Inspiron battery help.

Lithium batteries have a limited life, 4 years I think after being manufactured. Check the date on the battery and if 4 years it is capute.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by MixedNuts View Post
    Hey guys I recently got a notification on my laptop "Fully charged(100%) Consider replacing your battery". It runs fine plugged in however the battery doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. I'm leaning towards replacing the battery since they do have a useful life.
    I did alot of google searching but come up with all kinds of different answers.
    Has anyone here had this issue and been able to resolve it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete
    the only real resolution is replacement. The more charge/discharge cycles and general aging, the less life you'll get

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Thanks Glasman and O-dog.
    Seems like the power supply in the laptop is ok.
    Going to replace the battery soon
    Pete

Do I need to replace it with a replacement from the manufacturer or can I replace with an aftermarket battery without any problems?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MixedNuts View Post
    Do I need to replace it with a replacement from the manufacturer or can I replace with an aftermarket battery without any problems?
    If you can find a good quality, off-brand replacement, then I don't see why you couldn't go aftermarket... the problem is making sure that the quality is up to snuff. I wouldn't get anything from a vendor that doesn't have a well-established track record. Remember, if a Li-on battery fails, it can do so catastrophically!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present