AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL Driver available now

Hello everyone,

Click here to download the WHQL driver we have just released

Similar to other drivers, please make sure to read the Release Notes to learn more about this version of the driver and use the Issue Reporting Form to report any bugs.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Re: AMD Catalyst 14.4 WHQL Driver available now

Are these the same build as the 14.4 betas? Any reason to upgrade?

BTW: the 14.4 Betas were a really nice improvement in Titanfall with CF enabled, the flickering is all but eliminated. Definitely still a long way to go though, its very choppy at times.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

It's similar to betas we've recently released.
    I suggest downloading the WHQL as it's been certified by Microsoft. Did you by any chance read the Release Notes page? You'll find lots of information as well as the Known Issues and Features Highlights on that page.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    It's similar to betas we've recently released.
    I suggest downloading the WHQL as it's been certified by Microsoft. Did you by any chance read the Release Notes page? You'll find lots of information as well as the Known Issues and Features Highlights on that page.
    Looked the same for the most part. I subscribe to the "ain't broke, don't fix it" driver philosophy, so I'll stick with the betas. Thanks for keeping us posted Sam

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Anyone else getting blackouts in BF4's elevators with these?

Its as if someone's turned the lights out. (Mantle) haven't tried it in DX

Hello AbundantCores,

Are the blackout only happening in the elevators? I'm assuming you are referring to the Siege of Shanghai map. Or is this happening to any maps that have an elevator?
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Warsam71 View Post
    Hello AbundantCores,

Are the blackout only happening in the elevators? I'm assuming you are referring to the Siege of Shanghai map. Or is this happening to any maps that have an elevator?
    Just Elevators and Shanghai, i think, its only in Elevators and Shanghai that i have noticed it. But i'm not alone, i have seen it mentioned by a couple of others.

I will take screenshots of it tomorrow.

PS: you have a PM from me
    Last edited by AbundantCores; 05-06-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Warsam ive noticed that on crossfire DX11.1 is not very smooth, where as Mantle is extremely smooth. You can see this in the rendering lines. Nvidia seem to sit somewhere in between Mantle and DX11.1 smoothness. Certainly their DX11 experience is better than ours. Is this a driver issue or is this an application issue? Some screenshot examples below, note the gpu render times in the bottom left hand corner.

Nvidia 780 SLI DX11.1

Spoiler!

AMD 290 Xfire DX11.1

Spoiler!

AMD 290 Xfire Mantle

Spoiler!

As we can see, Mantle is in a league of its own. But DX11.1 performance is pretty horrible in comparison to Nvidia DX11.1 performance. Something is not right there, the gpu render line never used to be so spikey.

One other thing, im finding 14.4 RC1 crashes in crossfire on BF4 after a few minutes, every time. Others are also reporting a lot of crashing issues. I will try 14.4 WHQL today and see if that cures it but as its the same driver im not sure it will. 14.3 Beta was fine.

Report AMD Driver Bugs Beta Drivers | WHQL Drivers

Ok, it seems it is only Shanghai, only Mantle, i tested it in DirectX, it works fine, i also tested Dawn Breaker in Mantle and that works fine

PS: have a look at the differences in Frame Rates DirectX vs Mantle, 40 FPS in the elevator with DirectX on a 6 Core CPU, What!? Utterly insane.

Shanghai - Mantle.

Shanghai - DirectX.

Dawn Breaker - Mantle.

I made a post here a couple of days ago, but it said it had to be approved by a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by LtMatt View Post
    Warsam ive noticed that on crossfire DX11.1 is not very smooth, where as Mantle is extremely smooth. You can see this in the rendering lines. Nvidia seem to sit somewhere in between Mantle and DX11.1 smoothness. Certainly their DX11 experience is better than ours. Is this a driver issue or is this an application issue? Some screenshot examples below, note the gpu render times in the bottom left hand corner.

Nvidia 780 SLI DX11.1

Spoiler!

AMD 290 Xfire DX11.1

Spoiler!

AMD 290 Xfire Mantle

Spoiler!

As we can see, Mantle is in a league of its own. But DX11.1 performance is pretty horrible in comparison to Nvidia DX11.1 performance. Something is not right there, the gpu render line never used to be so spikey.

One other thing, im finding 14.4 RC1 crashes in crossfire on BF4 after a few minutes, every time. Others are also reporting a lot of crashing issues. I will try 14.4 WHQL today and see if that cures it but as its the same driver im not sure it will. 14.3 Beta was fine.
    I actually compared our frame time variance and latency with the 780 SLI user and our results were similar, so ignore my grip there Sam. I think its mainly just the game. BF4 runs so laggy and spikey at the moment, the game needs a patch so badly. Mantle crashes for me within seconds of loading in to the game now as well so i have to go back to DX11 if i want to play for more than 30 seconds. Urgh.