Updated AMD Radeon CrossFire compatibility chart

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know we have updated the CrossFire page which includes the new compatibility chart:
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/technol...rossfirex.aspx

Please refer to this chart to see which AMD Radeon GPUs are CrossFire compatible.
    Sam
    Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
    Official AMD Representative

Re: Updated AMD Radeon CrossFire compatibility chart

Hello Sam,

If you are still on vacation please do not respond to this message until you are back in the real world.

I own a PowerColor PCS+ Radeon R( 290X GPU and I love the thing. I am currently running in 3 screen EyeFinity with 3 matching Acer 23" 1080p monitors.

I also own a 4th monitor, an AOC 22" 1080p that I'd like to use as a separate "group" that I can use while gaming, mainly on iRacing so I can various PC monitoring apps like and maybe messaging.

I have had difficulty setting that 4th monitor and keeping all apps up on that screen. When i start a game some of my apps (like Afterburner and my ASUS AI Suite II go back to the 3 screen set-up and become hidden by the game being displayed.

Questions is: Have you seen a concise tutorial anywhere that will walk me through hardware and software config for a 3+1 screen set-up?

Your direction would be most appreciated!
    Tropical Regards from sunny SW FL,

Marc

PC Specs: Intel 3770K on ASUS Z77 V-PRO, PowerColor PCS+ Radeon R9 290X GPU, 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Mem., 256 GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2 X 2TB Seagate HDDs, OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB SSD, CPU cooled by XSPC RX360 RayStorm 750 BayRes V2 kit. 3 screen EyeFinity, Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M PSU, Corsair K90, M60, 1500 headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien0227 View Post
    Hello Sam,

If you are still on vacation please do not respond to this message until you are back in the real world.

I own a PowerColor PCS+ Radeon R( 290X GPU and I love the thing. I am currently running in 3 screen EyeFinity with 3 matching Acer 23" 1080p monitors.

I also own a 4th monitor, an AOC 22" 1080p that I'd like to use as a separate "group" that I can use while gaming, mainly on iRacing so I can various PC monitoring apps like and maybe messaging.

I have had difficulty setting that 4th monitor and keeping all apps up on that screen. When i start a game some of my apps (like Afterburner and my ASUS AI Suite II go back to the 3 screen set-up and become hidden by the game being displayed.

Questions is: Have you seen a concise tutorial anywhere that will walk me through hardware and software config for a 3+1 screen set-up?

Your direction would be most appreciated!
    Hello Alien0227,

No worries, I'm here to help

Have you seen this video by any chance: AMD Support: How to Create an AMD Eyefinity Group?

Let me know if it helps you. Meanwhile, to cover all ends, I'm going to ask the team at HQ for any additional tips/guidance.

Sounds good?
    Sam

Hello again Alien0227,

I have an update for you (the additional information I'd mentioned in my earlier post).

Depending on the game you are running, you may need to just run them in Windowed Mode.

Most games default to full-screen exclusive (often times shows up as “full screen” in some game settings) mode when launched, meaning that everything which is not rendered by the game is not going to be rendered at all. This includes DWM (Desktop Window Manager, which controls the placement and appearance of GUI windows) so desktop is also lost on any extended displays. Some games allow you to select “full screen windowed” or “windowed borderless”, which allows DWM to remain active, which should allow you to do what you want.

Either way, this is not something the Display Driver can control, just how D3D API works. Mode games elect for full screen exclusive since this guarantees that the graphics adapter doesn’t spend cycles rendering other applications which maximizes game performance.
    Sam