Angry Asus 27" Gsync Monitor Delayed until August it seems for NA

Poor showing By Asus and Nvidia, VERY poor showing IMO. Nvidia announce an amazing technology...Gsync. Asus announces a Gsync Monitor and then for the most part they both go dark on information. Asus Nordic has started Pre-orders for the ROG Swift so i have been asking Asus NA on facebook basically to cough up anything. FINALLY got an answer..

So apparently they are blaming slow boats for their stocking Woes..I assume when August doesn't materialize they will blame Godzilla next...

Hard to not take my $$ as a consumer elsewear especially when 4k monitors are advertised at the $599 for the samsung and Dell models at 28" ... 200+ cheaper then Asus Gsync and Acer soon to release their Gsync 4k.

https://www.facebook.com/ASUSROG/pos...t=feed_comment

Hi, latest information is that North America is planning pre-orders with some partners from early August as its larger delivery of PG's are being shipped by boat, which takes longer than air transit sorry.
    Last edited by CrazyCanuk; 07-09-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Re: Asus 27" Gsync Monitor Delayed until August it seems for NA

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuk View Post
    Poor showing By Asus and Nvidia, VERY poor showing IMO. Nvidia announce an amazing technology...Gsync. Asus announces a Gsync Monitor and then for the most part they both go dark on information. Asus Nordic has started Pre-orders for the ROG Swift so i have been asking Asus NA on facebook basically to cough up anything. FINALLY got an answer..

So apparently they are blaming slow boats for their stocking Woes..I assume when August doesn't materialize they will blame Godzilla next...

Hard to not take my $$ as a consumer elsewear especially when 4k monitors are advertised at the $599 for the samsung and Dell models at 28" ... 200+ cheaper then Asus Gsync and Acer soon to release their Gsync 4k.

https://www.facebook.com/ASUSROG/pos...t=feed_comment
    I don't understand the anger here. Different regions have different shipping schedules. Nothing different here.
    NVIDIA Forums Representative. Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuelG View Post
    I don't understand the anger here. Different regions have different shipping schedules. Nothing different here.
    I also agree with the original poster. This is bad on both ASUS and Nvidias part. This monitor was shown late last year. The impression was, we would see it "very soon". That was communicated initially Q1 2014. Then it changed to late Q1 early Q2. Then it was changed to July and "very soon". Now it is early August 2014 for pre orders, as ASUS was too frugal to ship by air so they shipped by boat. That means it will be late August or September (Q3 for those keeping track), for the first new Gsync monitor to hit the market. 6 months late, atleast.

There are really no Gsync monitors on the market, for a tech that was hyped heavily last year, and that is a good tech.

I can sympathize with everyone who have been looking forward to purchasing a G-Sync monitor. I've been looking forward to G-Sync even longer since I knew about it before our public announcement and have been ready to purchase a G-Sync monitor as soon as one was available in retail for myself. I wish we could have had G-Sync monitors available for purchase earlier but we needed more time to polish everything to make sure the experience was great for everyone. I'm sorry everyone has had to wait a bit longer but hang in there. G-Sync monitors will be here soon.
    NVIDIA Forums Representative. Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.