Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Old timer comes home (new username)

Greetings Frogs,

I have finally returned to the folding scene and am proud to once again be among your ranks. I started CPU folding in 2004 under the account name Shadow42489. I folded for some time and then kind of wandered off at some point. I came back for short stays a few times, the last time I folded was in 2010 I believe. When I came back this time I could not for the life of me remember the password to my account here and it turned out the email registered to it is one I haven't had access to since changing my ISP 7+ years ago. Undaunted I proceeded to register this username but decided to maintain the FAH username Shadow42489 so I can finally push my points above the 1 million mark and beyond (currently at 709,581 which might have been a more impressive/less embarrassing number back then).

Just got the client up and running and am now folding full throttle on my Intel i7 4960X and dual Nvidia 780 ti's. Hopefully my PPD will go up significantly once I get the 10 work units for my passkey done. Current estimate is only around 75K but from what I understand after the passkey has 10 returned I should be better off.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to folding with you all once more.

Re: Old timer comes home (new username)

Welcome Back

Holy cow, after my first 2 gpu WU's my ppd estimate jumped to 399,704

Welcome back! Those 780Ti's should put out some good points

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Currently the Ti's are pumping 176K and 186K respectively and that figure shouldnt include QRB since i'm not at 10 yet on the passkey...unless i'm misunderstanding something

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    Currently the Ti's are pumping 176K and 186K respectively and that figure shouldnt include QRB since i'm not at 10 yet on the passkey...unless i'm misunderstanding something
    Nope, you have that correct

I believe the client guestimates PPD based on the assumption that the passkey is past 10 units. I can see on your profile that you're definitely not getting QRB credit and you're not on track for 350k+ PPD, but that sounds like what you can expect once your QRB kicks in

Trust me, I do science

ah ok, thats still totally fine with me. funny how i will earn more in 3 days with QRB than i did total for my first 2345 Wu's hah

just checked and my passkey is at 11 now so i believe i should be home free.

just checked and my passkey is at 11 now so i believe i should be home free.
    This latest couple updates on EOC stats are definitely showing QRB points, up from ~5k/WU to 30k+

ah ok, thats still totally fine with me. funny how i will earn more in 3 days with QRB than i did total for my first 2345 Wu's hah
    I know, its kind of hard to believe. I just remember banging on those tinker units for days to get like 500 points each. Hitting 1,000,000 was a huge milestone, now 1 billion is probably the equivalent. Makes me wonder if its all just "inflation" or if we're actually getting an equivalent amount of "extra science" done. PC hardware is so much more powerful than before that maybe the points are actually appropriate.

Trust me, I do science

up from 709,581 to 959,776 in the time since i started this thread. I guess my goal of finally getting over the million point mark isn't as much work as i thought it would be...was expecting points to be as hard to get as they used to be...clearly not the case. Oh well, maybe 1 billion is more of a goal, like you said.

up from 709,581 to 959,776 in the time since i started this thread. I guess my goal of finally getting over the million point mark isn't as much work as i thought it would be...was expecting points to be as hard to get as they used to be...clearly not the case. Oh well, maybe 1 billion is more of a goal, like you said.
    Baby steps, lets start with 10 million

Trust me, I do science

fair enough. Side note, is the FAH web control client down currently? when i try to open it my chrome window gives a "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" message but every other site is working fine.

Use FAHcontrol instead of the web based client it works so much better and gives you full control of the client.

Welcome back and enjoy the ride!

Also if you want to add a stat counter use this. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...dow42489&t=734
    Just add [img][/img] to the string to get this.

thank you pc geek, I've been wanting one of these. 1 mil in the bag now that i got the signature I just need to get that "Folding Frog" banner under my username again and I'll be all set.
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 05-29-2014 at 11:08 PM.