Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Old timer comes home (new username)

something like this should work

http://www.amazon.com/Add2PSU-Multip.../dp/B009P98Q8U

or, you could do the paper clip trick (manually)

Looks good. I used the psu calculator at http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine because i've heard it is the most accurate and i got a 1216W minimum and 1266W recommended with all usage set to 100% but they dont have a superclocked titan black on their list, only a normal titan black so i'm definitely pushing the envelope here. Scoped out a Corsair AX1500i PSU with a 80plus Titanium rating but that sucker is $450

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    Just to be safe, if my PSU proves insufficient under the full load while folding what is the proper way to add a secondary PSU to my configuration? I have an extra 850W laying around but dont know how to distribute the load.
    I don't think theres much of a trick to it as far as distributing load is concerned. There are several kits that basically attach to the ATX connector of the second PSU to allow it to start at the same time as the first one (such as this one: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/56...ter_Cable.html) If you're looking for a very temporary solution, don't want to spend the money and don't mind a bit of a bodge job, I'm not entirely sure if such a kit is necessary. You can probably just short the green wire and manually start the second PSU by using the rear switch at the same time you start the PC.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

new motherboard comes tomorrow so that's when i'll know if i'm over the mark for my 1250. if it looks like i'll be using all 4 for a little while i might grab that 1500 one due to higher efficiency but not gonna bother if it looks like a very short time frame where i have all 4.

Motherboard and power supply coupler have arrived so I should very likely be firing on all cylinders quite soon.

Hopefully this is my last post from my phone. Everything is assembled and I'm minutes away from the first power on. Wish me luck fellas, it's time to go hard!

you got it!

just about as much fun watching you gratuitously.

one of those killowatts($20) would come in handy right about now.

ud

Well I'm up but not fully. only the top one of each pair is showing up in windows (order from top down is Titan Black, Titan Black, 780 ti, 780 ti) not sure how to get the others recognized/

do you have the drivers installed for the PLX bridge ?

I dont see a mention of such a driver anywhere on the ASUS driver page. I ended up with another Rampage IV Black. This is the asus driver page: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAM...Desk_Download/ what am i needing here? I thought i had already grabbed all this stuff.

if you swap slots what happens ?

what does GPU-Z show ?

if swapping locations doesn't help, I'd try installing the intel chipset drivers from the asus site.

GPU-Z sh ows the Titan, the ti, and a "standard VGA Adapter" which is the second titan but windows refuses to allow me to use the proper driver for it and the nvidia installer isn't picking it up. the second 780ti is MIA

so, you are missing drivers...at least that is what I'm guessing

Turns out the nv_disp.inf for the driver doesn't have an entry for the hardware if of the second titan. The first is 100c like the inf has but the second has a 102f identifier which isn't even in the file so when I tried to install it no matches came back. After a little creative editing of the .inf file I'm now at 3/4 cards. Gotta troubleshoot the other 780 ti because it doesn't appear at all. Gonna try a different pcie power cable. I think this is the card that got a used one that I had on hand. It's for the correct psu but maybe it's gote some sort of damage or something.
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 06-04-2014 at 12:03 AM.

scratch the good news, its installing but when windows starts it has already stopped with an error code 43 in device manager