Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Old timer comes home (new username)

Think it's time to call this one. I think the second Titan is DOA. after taking it out and putting it back it'd hardware id is now 102E. so not only is it wrong but it's changing.

I'm a bit out of my element in terms of troubleshooting this one, but might as well remove some of the major complexities. Have you tried booting the system with only one or two titans installed rather than all 4 GPUs?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

yea that was the last thing i tried, one worked fine and that was when the other, which was not working, reported a different hardware ID than before but was still not what it should have reported. gonna send it back for a replacement. hopefully it doesn't take forever to get a new one back.

Ok the Titan is getting replaced via newegg and the other 780 ti that was being stupid is getting RMAed though ASUS. Both going out today so hoping for the best.

edit: with the 1 780ti, 1 titan black and the cpu i'm getting an estimated 441K PPD it will be nice to basically double that after RMAs

edit2: I'm surprised how much higher the PPD for the titan black is vs the 780ti since they are not that different other than VRAM, but the 780ti has consistently been around 175K and the Titan Black has been consistently at above 220K. Thats quite a large difference for cards so similar.
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 06-05-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    Ok the Titan is getting replaced via newegg and the other 780 ti that was being stupid is getting RMAed though ASUS. Both going out today so hoping for the best.

edit: with the 1 780ti, 1 titan black and the cpu i'm getting an estimated 441K PPD it will be nice to basically double that after RMAs

edit2: I'm surprised how much higher the PPD for the titan black is vs the 780ti since they are not that different other than VRAM, but the 780ti has consistently been around 175K and the Titan Black has been consistently at above 220K. Thats quite a large difference for cards so similar.
    That is a bit surprising. The only meaningful difference between the two is the FP64 speed, which for the Titan is 1/3 FP32 vs 1/24 for the 780Ti. I'm not sure to what extent douple precision is utilized in F@H but I didn't think it was much, if at all...

Trust me, I do science

Probably different work units

mmettin you must be right on that, probably just landed a few higher point WUs in a row ont he titan because right now it's on an old core 15 and has an estimated PPD of only 25K. hoping not to get any more of those.

mmettin you must be right on that, probably just landed a few higher point WUs in a row ont he titan because right now it's on an old core 15 and has an estimated PPD of only 25K. hoping not to get any more of those.
    Have you seen the setup guide ?

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...29-Setup-Guide

seems i forgot to re-add the beta flag after my config got screwed up....although ive read core 17 is now public so it has no effect...i havent gotten a 15 since i re added it. thanks for the reminder

Wow did you know OddGaffer is almost making 15% of the teams total PPD

Quote Originally Posted by Pc geek View Post
    Wow did you know OddGaffer is almost making 15% of the teams total PPD
    for now...hoping to make that 30% once my 2 RMA's come through

Asus RMA arrived yesterday but haven't heard from them and the newegg one is due to arrive tomorrow and after processing the replacement will be overnighted back to me. Woo here we go!

edit: asus didnt email me but when i checked status online it showed as having been received as as "repair in progress" so i guess they dont email you unless they are going to deny your RMA

Edit again: also the charts on my EOC stats page are still hilarious:
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=134399
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 06-10-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Edit again: also the charts on my EOC stats page are still hilarious:
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...hp?s=&u=134399
    Show off!

hope everything goes smoothly with your RMA, I've heard some not so great things about Asus lately

Trust me, I do science

as have i, which is why i'm keeping my fingers crossed

Good news, newegg received my RMA and approved it (of course) and apparently since my original order had overnight shipping they are going to overnight my replacement card. depending how long they take to generate the replacement order i should hopefully have it this week. ASUS RMA is still just "Product repair is in progress." but no news is good news because I've heard they are quick to contact you to tell you they wont fix it if they don't approve it.