Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Old timer comes home (new username)

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    Good news, newegg received my RMA and approved it (of course) and apparently since my original order had overnight shipping they are going to overnight my replacement card. depending how long they take to generate the replacement order i should hopefully have it this week. ASUS RMA is still just "Product repair is in progress." but no news is good news because I've heard they are quick to contact you to tell you they wont fix it if they don't approve it.
    Cool, hope it works out and you get all that hardware up soon!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Replacement titan went out today from newegg with overnight shipping. tomorrow is looking like a good day

Replacement for the first titan was also DOA. not sure I will ever buy an evga product again, this is just getting down right stupid.

Woke up to a smoke alarm. Psu blew but after installing the backup 850w one both titans appear to work and nothing else in the system appears to be damaged. So maybe the other psu being on it's last legs was why this replacement titan initially didn't appear to work. I will update with any changes but for now I'm dual titan folding

Woke up to a smoke alarm. Psu blew but after installing the backup 850w one both titans appear to work and nothing else in the system appears to be damaged. So maybe the other psu being on it's last legs was why this replacement titan initially didn't appear to work. I will update with any changes but for now I'm dual titan folding
    yea, when the replacement doesn't work either I usually start hunting for other culprits. It wouldn't be unheard of for a replacement to be DOA, but its too much of a coincidence for me to just assume everything else is working perfectly. Glad to hear that nothing was damaged by your PSU's magical smoke containment field failure, thats always scary

Trust me, I do science

the first card really was DOA because i tried it in another machine too, but this card has been working in SLI with the first all day and folding up a storm. cant run the other cards (the 780ti i have or the one asus just shipped out) because the tiny 850W psu only has 4 6+2 pin connectors which is only enough for 2 cards...and barely enough wattage for that. i'll be grabbing a 1500 once i have the extra cash available to do so.

Seems the 2 year old 850w may not quite have the muscle needed for my rig to fold at full. Tons of random lock ups that only show as power loss in event viewer. Scaled back to medium until I can grab a new psu. Hoping to have that around Tuesday or wednesday. Replacement 780ti from asus is arriving Tuesday so if I have the 1500w psu by then I could in theory be quad card folding. I shall keep you all in the know.

Assuming Newegg doesn't do their trick where they can't seem to manage to authenticate my Preferred account card for some reason despite all the information matching exactly, then my new power supply will hopefully go out today or tomorrow with 1 day shipping. Sorry for the multi post.

Asus rma came back and they sent the direct cu ii OC version instead of the reference version (assuming they don't make the normal reference one anymore). Also the psu is in packaging at newegg and should ship today from Tennessee and get here tomorrow. All in all a pretty good day.

Was at a music festival since last Wednesday but am now home, and have 4 cards chugging along with an estimated 750K PPD
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 06-24-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Was at a music festival since last Wednesday but am now home, and have 4 cards chugging along with an estimated 750K PPD
    My time at the top of the team PPD will have been short lived!

Glad to hear everything is back up and running!

Trust me, I do science

the 3rd card down, the stock 780ti was getting too hot because the card below it was blocking the fan, i used a DVI plug cover (the little plastic cap cards have on when they ship) from one of the new cards as a spacer and now it's running significantly cooler so the possible issue is no longer a concern. PPD estimate is down to 738K after making more progress into the WU's but thats still totally fine with me.

first day where my pc ran for a full 24 hours yielded 766,258 points...thats almost exactly the total amount i had to my name when i came back to folding, actually it's a little higher. my oh my how the point values have suffered with inflation hah.

i've got a amd 754 clawhammer still out in the field with a recent 24 avg. of 181ppd. it's replacement is ready and waiting for my friend's mom to give it up.

ud

I'm not sure why my 24 hour avg is so low. Must still be skewed by the 5 days or so I was away at the music festival with my machine off. How many days does the 24 hour avg look at? New goal guys, let's get 734's overall rank up!!